Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Only benefit of MS is the buy in cost of tuning is less. I'd still rather have the 411 myself. All I did is repin the PCM and the truck fired right up and drove away. Couldn't have taken me an hour to do.

I got this truck boosted again and holding a belt. Just need to figure out why the spring loaded tensioner pulls the belt inward. I'm going to try shoving a washer under just the 1 side of the assembly the point the thing at a different angle. Blower and crank seem square to one another.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Removed supercharger and attempted to remove snout to no avail. The internets claim I must simply remove the 6 bolts and the snout "falls out". Bullshit. I removed those 6 screws and it freed the snout housing, but that hub ain't ****** budgin. I'm at a complete loss here as the noise is coming from the snout area.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Removed supercharger and attempted to remove snout to no avail. The internets claim I must simply remove the 6 bolts and the snout "falls out". Bullshit. I removed those 6 screws and it freed the snout housing, but that hub ain't ****** budgin. I'm at a complete loss here as the noise is coming from the snout area.
If it's making noise it's probably having some bearing failure somewhere? I'd just send the whole unit to JB Performance and get it rebuilt.... Only problem is $$$

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna see what tools I need to do it myself. Rotors and case look OK from the outside so it's either normal noise or needs bearings/gears.

Not An SS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I did is repin the PCM and the truck fired right up and drove away. Couldn't have taken me an hour to do.

Is there a write up somewhere that you followed? I cant seem to find anything specific to pinning the 411 to my 91gmc

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a write up somewhere that you followed? I cant seem to find anything specific to pinning the 411 to my 91gmc

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The 411 swap is for vortec era trucks (96-00), or LS swaps I suppose. There isn't a way to make it work with TBI trucks.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The 411 swap is for vortec era trucks (96-00), or LS swaps I suppose. There isn't a way to make it work with TBI trucks.

I don't recall which article it was where you asked me to elaborate on why it would be an asspain to 411 a 454, so here goes: VE and timing tables can be copy/pasted or fudged. MAF will be off because its tract is different between the 2 engines. Merely calling the 350 a 454 doesn't account for the different heads and intake, nor its cold start tendencies and all the other unknown unknowns. Could be easy, could be a nightmare. Plus 454 has 2 knock sensors and small blocks had 1. No 411 every came attached to a 454 like they did with the 350.

David did you get the most recent blower rebuild? What did either sound like? I was told they should sound like they're about to blow. Doesn't really tell me when it really is about to blow. Mine might be fine, we'll find out once I finish tearing it apart.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I don't recall which article it was where you asked me to elaborate on why it would be an asspain to 411 a 454, so here goes: VE and timing tables can be copy/pasted or fudged. MAF will be off because its tract is different between the 2 engines. Merely calling the 350 a 454 doesn't account for the different heads and intake, nor its cold start tendencies and all the other unknown unknowns. Could be easy, could be a nightmare. Plus 454 has 2 knock sensors and small blocks had 1. No 411 every came attached to a 454 like they did with the 350.

David did you get the most recent blower rebuild? What did either sound like? I was told they should sound like they're about to blow. Doesn't really tell me when it really is about to blow. Mine might be fine, we'll find out once I finish tearing it apart.

Where he said the 411 difficulty was in my build thread; and I thought someone had a file or something downloaded or developed to program a 411 on a 454?
I know there's a gentleman on here with a blue 97 454 who 411 swapped his truck, maybe he could chime in if he sees this?

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Okay I understand what you mean now. I swapped mine to the 0411 a couple months back, it really hasn't been that bad. Yes the VE and MAF were way off, and I also had to swap in different injector data. I just left the knock sensors as a single sensor system (I believe its reading off the passenger side sensor, cant remember for sure) and everything seems to work fine, I think the sensitivity table is setup to pick up more on the opposite side.