Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How many main leaves do you have? All the duallies I've seen have 6 mains, 1 lower overload, and the upper overload. Mine has 7 with a single unusable lower overload.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Mine is 7 total with upper and lower overload.

I'm fairly certain the 3500SRW trucks used the same setup as the DRW ones. The heavy 3/4ton is basically the same without the upper overload.

I can verify more when i'm at home, and can look at the EPC. I think the only way to get more leaves than 7 was to get a Chassis Cab truck.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There is some yellow spray on the overloads, so it looks like a GM leaf pack. The heavy half and light 3/4 have blue or green spray. I'm also missing that block that goes between the main pack and upper overload, but do have the forged upper piece unlike the stamped piece my half ton has.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Finally bought a bed. It's not perfect, but the bed sides are really nice. Gonna just get 2 new dually fenders for it and start fresh. The floor has a bunch of extra holes from a 5th wheel plate that installed on the goose, should have asked about getting that. . .

You must be registered for see images attach

Also threw a Gatorback belt on the accessory side of the house and miraculously it ****. God it was embarrasing to drive around with no bed, Mickey Mouse taillights, and those airbags bouncing bolted to the top of my frame rail with the squeaking belt and ****** warm starting. At least I finally crossed one off the list. Went to a tuning shop yesterday to get some recommendations on the blower belt jumping off and they indicated that they've had no luck with multiple laser alignment tools and suggested I use a straight edge. Easy enough I suppose, I'll get the crank and blower in line for now and go from there. In the meantime I'm just wrapping up the blue truck so I can have it back as a DD so the dually isn't getting much attention until then. Then I strip the back off the truck again to put that DTM paint on that I got at Sherwin Williams for the frame. Something a little more durable than rattle can.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I should make a build thread for my half ton. I just Whippled it and it fjckjn kicks @ss! It's also getting a pulley really soon. I only make sea level power with the thing. That must change. I also did the marine intake and some bigger injectors. Gained a lot of confidence in the dually swapping over to the 411 and bigger injectors.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should make a build thread for my half ton. I just Whippled it and it fjckjn kicks @ss! It's also getting a pulley really soon. I only make sea level power with the thing. That must change. I also did the marine intake and some bigger injectors. Gained a lot of confidence in the dually swapping over to the 411 and bigger injectors.
You should, I'd like to see it.

Not An SS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also be interested in what you did to run the 411.. I'll be doing a ram jet set up on mine and was thinking megasquirt vs. 411.
Sorry to thread jack [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk