Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I could only dream the frame on my truck was that clean. Even after I wire wheeled it and coated it, it looks nowhere near as good as that.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice job on the frame. Looks great.

You should build a flatbed. I did after I found out my bed was rotted

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm on an arduous hunt for a clean dually bed. Got high hopes for TX. I need to be able to stick a slide in camper in this thing. That's the reason I went dually.

Here's the last of the welding bed wiring that I yanked tonight, this is a 7 pin harness just vampire tapped into the factory harness. Good riddance.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also finally hooked up the ground to the boost a pump, but I'm pretty sure it worked without so I'm unsure why it exists. 1 more thing to get rid of once that 411 is online with 42# injectors.

This lower overload is confusing to me, it kinda looks upside down to me.

I'm starting to think the upper overloads were deleted upon installation of the airbags. I'm also considering removing 1 of the 7 main leaves, but I'll install the bed before I go making such a rash decision. If I had fillings, this truck would have knocked them out by now.

Last edited:

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that bottom over load looks off.

Personally I would keep all 7 leafs. I run 7 on my 3/4 ton. Works well

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to clean shackle mounts today so I can reinstall the hitch. First I had to get the springs out of the way.

Cleaned, not perfect but it'll do.

And looking much better now. Also thinking I'll just yank that block altogether out back. I wanted them as a head start, but looks like the bags hold air so they'll keep me level no matter what. Got too late to run the Dewalt on the other side so I'll do that tomorrow if the wife doesn't pop first.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Still working on the frame. I dropped the tank to get behind it and bought a media blaster to get the body/shackle mounts.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
This lower overload is confusing to me, it kinda looks upside down to me.

I'm starting to think the upper overloads were deleted upon installation of the airbags. I'm also considering removing 1 of the 7 main leaves, but I'll install the bed before I go making such a rash decision. If I had fillings, this truck would have knocked them out by now.

Here is what your spring should look like.

Personally, I would put it back to stock if you can. The upper overload helps quite a bit with side to side stability on a camper. My current camper I can run in the truck without adding any air to the airbags even.