Borla XR1's and Pacesetter headers...Whats Next!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay this is kind of related but doesn't warrant another post so maybe someone can help...

I bought these headers

You must be registered for see images attach

I plan to do a BB tune. I do not see a port on the headers for EGR. I am thinking about just deleting the EGR and SMOG/AIR system and having BB tune it that way when I order the PCM. My truck is a 97 and I think I would be better off going this route... Question is if I keep EGR won't I have to modify my headers to make it work properly? I have done research and I know that there are many opinions out there. My 305 runs excellent for 170k and I don't want to screw that up. Thanks.
Juat delete the egr and air pump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay this is kind of related but doesn't warrant another post so maybe someone can help...

I bought these headers

You must be registered for see images attach

I plan to do a BB tune. I do not see a port on the headers for EGR. I am thinking about just deleting the EGR and SMOG/AIR system and having BB tune it that way when I order the PCM. My truck is a 97 and I think I would be better off going this route... Question is if I keep EGR won't I have to modify my headers to make it work properly? I have done research and I know that there are many opinions out there. My 305 runs excellent for 170k and I don't want to screw that up. Thanks.

Juat delete the egr and air pump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Agreed. Just get a tune and be done with that crap. The only thing I might personally think about trying to save would be the EGR, for fuel mileage purposes. If you wanted to do that you'd have to weld in a bung that would thread into the existing EGR system though, it would be much easier just to tune everything out.