Borla XR1's and Pacesetter headers...Whats Next!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In need of some advice. I have a set of long tube pacesetters on the way and two XR1 Borla mufflers. I want to run cat(s). Should I use a Y-pipe after the headers to one cat and then Y back out to the mufflers? Or just spend the extra dough on a second cat and run true duals all the way? They are spendy, but I want to get the most out of the setup. It's for a 305, if that makes a difference.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For a 305 a single cat and single muffler is plenty.

On my vortec 454 I run a single muffler, dual in, dual out with internal x pipe. But I run dual cats

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I almost pulled the trigger on returning my Gibson catback. Now Ill probably just keep it and take the borlas back, and get a y pipe to a cat. Thanks for the input.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am having a hell of a time trying to find a y pipe that will fit the long tubes to go to a cat. Might just have to get it done at the exhaust shop.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swear Im not trying to bump my own thread :Big Laugh: ...but is there a Y-pipe out there that works with long tube headers? I having been searching for awhile with no luck. Id rather not take it to an exhaust shop.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I swear Im not trying to bump my own thread :Big Laugh: ...but is there a Y-pipe out there that works with long tube headers? I having been searching for awhile with no luck. Id rather not take it to an exhaust shop.

That's something you're really going to have to just bite the bullet and have it made up. No one that I'm aware of makes anything like that. Exhaust shop should be able to do it for pretty cheap, though.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn. That's what it is looking like. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a product out there I wasn't aware of before I did. I might as well just buy the cat from them and have them put it on too. Thanks.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn. That's what it is looking like. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a product out there I wasn't aware of before I did. I might as well just buy the cat from them and have them put it on too. Thanks.
By your own cat. They are more than likely going to tell you that they have to sell you a approved cat that will be around $250.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's something you're really going to have to just bite the bullet and have it made up. No one that I'm aware of makes anything like that. Exhaust shop should be able to do it for pretty cheap, though.
Okay this is kind of related but doesn't warrant another post so maybe someone can help...

I bought these headers

You must be registered for see images attach

I plan to do a BB tune. I do not see a port on the headers for EGR. I am thinking about just deleting the EGR and SMOG/AIR system and having BB tune it that way when I order the PCM. My truck is a 97 and I think I would be better off going this route... Question is if I keep EGR won't I have to modify my headers to make it work properly? I have done research and I know that there are many opinions out there. My 305 runs excellent for 170k and I don't want to screw that up. Thanks.