Bolts, Screws, Washers and what not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never hurts to have extra hardware, especially stuff that is unique to your vehicle. I still dig through my bolt pile and find GMT400 specific stuff that makes me smile. Stainless torx screws from pre-94 marker lights, shouldered bolts from hood hinges, stuff like that.

Richard

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd start at the shop that took the thing apart. I wouldn't have accepted the truck in that condition, because now you have no recourse to make them supply the hardware because "you took it home as is."

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you asked the body shop that did teardown what happened to YOUR hardware. They got paid to to a tear down and all parts and hardware should have been saved. It is yours not theirs

I did ask them and the problem is I got stone walled/ Ignored. I plan on walking in over the weekend while also visiting the junkyard (I've torn a front end off of a 99 c1500 a long time ago but never took any more than a grill/bumper and suspension so I wanna see how it all goes together).

I'd start at the shop that took the thing apart. I wouldn't have accepted the truck in that condition, because now you have no recourse to make them supply the hardware because "you took it home as is."

The problem with that is it was in the insurance possession the whole time (insurance was responsible for it). Went from crash site to tow lot / then body shop / then insurance lot where it sat for like 2 weeks/ then finally my house.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been in the auto body/ towing business for over 40 years and that is the craziest thing I ever heard. The truck belongs to you until they have the title signed to them. I have done many tear downs for inspection and all hardware is boxed and in the vehicle. If it becomes a repair we need it if it leaves the shop everything goes with it.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is also a sign of the times as our insurance companys are taking over the whole process of repair. They market as a way to make your life easier but it is in fact just their way of controlling how much they will pay to repair your car. Their so called preferred shops are not preferred due to their qualifications but due to their agreement to work for the labor rate the ins. prefers to pay.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you asked the body shop that did teardown what happened to YOUR hardware. They got paid to to a tear down and all parts and hardware should have been saved. It is yours not theirs

That's exactly what I would do. Body shop did the same thing to a buddy's Humvee recently.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I plan on walking in and talking to them. Front lady when I called in tried to tell me they didn't take the truck apart... :/

Anyone in Arizona this "shop" is Service King.

Side question:

You guys in Shop business. When doing repair estimates did you guys actually use actual prices or MSRP for parts? Just asking cause when I got the repair quote they where listing some prices that blew me away.

Such as Grill = 350 / Or Headlights for like 250...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Such as Grill = 350 / Or Headlights for like 250...

I'm not in the business but for what it's worth, those prices aren't far off for OEM. Grille is around $225 from GM Parts Direct before shipping, which will add another $150. OEM headlights are $100 per side plus $25 shipping.