BluePrint Engines Reputation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've had a question about the heads on these engines. They are modified TBI heads, but what work exactly has been done to them?
Thanks for the questions! The two engines actually have a different head castings, both however retain the 87-95 TBI edelbrock tbi intake manifold. Since we aren't chasing 450 HP, we can retain the factory TBI setup with just a re-calibration, opposed to replacing injectors and pumps. The higher horse 315 version has a 64cc chamber world head vs an oem tbi type 68cc chamber on the 280. Without getting overly specific (which I would have to talk to engineering to do) They are not heavily modified, other than the middle 2 intake bolts on the 315 hp version.

Last edited:

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the questions! The two engines actually have a slightly different casting, both however retain the 87-95 TBI pattern, and use the same edelbrock tbi intake manifold. Since we aren't chasing 450 HP, we can retain that pattern, and still use the factory TBI setup with just a re-calibration, opposed to replacing injectors and pumps. The higher horse 315 version has a 64cc chamber vs a 68cc chamber on the 280. They don't take much valve work or port modification to hit these power numbers, so without getting overly specific (which I would have to talk to engineering to do) They are not heavily modified.

Thanks for responding! I have just wondered what work was done to the heads to get them to make more power than stock TBI heads.

Reaction score
Thanks for responding! I have just wondered what work was done to the heads to get them to make more power than stock TBI heads.
Its no secret they aren't GM's best flowing head, but they will support the 280 horse version with minor work. The 315...we use the new/different casting, which is a big improvement over stock. It's more an improved design vs any extensive work.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea, I'm not ready yet for a swap, and hopefully wont be for a good while, but I was thinking a 383. I have seen them on Summits sight. I have bought from summit several times, and have always been happy with them. I would like to get into the 400 HP range. I just can't make up my mind on doing a carb swap, or just keeping the CPI. If I was to go carb, I would go with a 700R4, and if not then keep the 4L60E. Ether way, I would do a performance trans build.