BluePrint Engines Reputation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have about 4,500 miles on my 383 I put in a '97. I did have some concern with noisy lifters. Before installing the new mill I installed 1.6 roller rockers. The noise was specific to two cylinders. I went through the adjustment procedure several times but still had some valve train noise. I re-installed the stamped rockers that came with it and the valve noise reduced greatly. During the install of the stamped rockers I noted the roller wear was slightly off center. I measures for new rods and re-installed the 1.6 rollers. Same issue. I replaced the lifters with a comp cam set and with about 1k miles on it i still have no noise (other than what I consider normal for rollers). Some other mods at the time of install were intake spacer, 36lb injectors, LT headers, 3 core radiator/elect fans and some other bolt ons.

Having said all that - I am very happy with the set up. It produces nice torque at low rpm and blends into the HP curve nicely. I attempted to have the black box tuned for it but I ended up going with a 0411 conversion and a Black Bear tune.

I am currently playing around with the intake and cam set up. While I feel the intake (with spacer/injectors) performs well I just cant stand the look. Currently wiring for a Edlebrock proflow and will be sliding in a Comp XE 282 bump stick/springs etc.. for a lil higher RPM power curve.

For a drop in replacement, I think you would be very happy with it.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had one put in in August 2014 and I love it. 8K miles now and it runs strong. I've been tinkering with the TBI system though to try to get a little more out of it. 80 lb injectors @ 15 psi fuel pressure and I've been doing my own tuning. I have a bored out intake and big block throttle body I may put in this weekend.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Guy I met at a parade said he had a complete crate from Blueprint (a 383) in his Chevelle. Said it ran great, no problems whatsoever.

On the other hand, I have a Blueprint 383 in my truck that burns oil bad. I can't necessarily blame them, but I've read all the bad things on the internet about them too. I bought a short block from them and built my own with all brand new stuff.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was reading through the thread you referenced. Yeah he had a terrible engine and the first person he talked to seemed pretty rude, but about 12-15 posts in, the owner of Blueprint Engines got involved and it sounds like he resolved the issue with a completely new engine. Any company can have manufacturing issues and a bad egg employee or two, but when ownership will step up and step in to make it right, that stands out to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm The Project Director for BluePrint Engines. I'm happy to answer any questions I can. As I hope you guys are seeing, we make a great product, and we do our best to take care of all of our customers. Our 30 mo, 50K mile warranty speaks for itself in my opinion. I'm an old K10 owner myself, so familiar with this series SBC, and its a pretty stout combination, and a great improvement over the OEM power rating. Its true we're human, and mistakes happen, but we grow more customer focused every day, and we have alot of happy customers in the world. I'm happy to deal directly with any customers I can help!

We offer two trims of TBI engines, both coming with ECU calibration, and intake manifolds. (we're updating the image now)
https://blueprintengines.com/search?q=*Part+#:+tbi*&type=product

any questions shoot me a PM or post on here. I'll gladly share my email or number in a PM.

JohnnyM

Director of New Project Development
Blueprint Engines

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had a question about the heads on these engines. They are modified TBI heads, but what work exactly has been done to them?

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Herea the way i look at this. When people get a bad product you can bet you will hear about it but how many people have used them without any problems that you dont hear about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk