Blower Speed Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyDaGoat

Reaction score
Blowing speeds 1, 2, and 4 work. The third one doesn’t. What do I need to look for and how do I fix it

lxe4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine did that. it was the switch. the true cause was the motor getting stiff from lack of lube. on the third setting it was drawing to much current through the switch and it melted the housing untill the contact couldn't make contact. also burnt the pin in the harness. luckily i had some parts from a parts truck so i stole a pin and a couple inchs of wire to splice into the harness and replace the pin in the connector. this week i learned that if all you have is the high setting the problem is the resistor. the motor has gotten so stiff that it heated up the resistor without blowing any air over it and burnt the thermal fuse. I had changed the resistor thinking it was causing my lack of setting number 3 before. its a ****** time and it didn't fix my problem so i left in the new aftermarket resistor. this week i had to put my original one back in. i notice the aftermarket unit had a fuse rated for like 162c but the factory unit was good for 183!

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine did that. it was the switch. the true cause was the motor getting stiff from lack of lube. on the third setting it was drawing to much current through the switch and it melted the housing untill the contact couldn't make contact. .... I had changed the resistor thinking it was causing my lack of setting number 3 before. its a ****** time and it didn't fix my problem so i left in the new aftermarket resistor. this week i had to put my original one back in. i notice the aftermarket unit had a fuse rated for like 162c but the factory unit was good for 183!

That makes a lot of sense . OP . I hereby withdraw my recommendation to change the resistor... you might need to change the motor ! Good luck and please post what you come up with as an answer to this.

CodyDaGoat

Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense . OP . I hereby withdraw my recommendation to change the resistor... you might need to change the motor ! Good luck and please post what you come up with as an answer to this.
I had done the resistor the same day before seeing this thread. Didn’t work. Will be trying a switch replacement in a week or two

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had done the resistor the same day before seeing this thread. Didn’t work. Will be trying a switch replacement in a week or two

You might consider "hot wiring" to the motor which would determine if the motor is OK (which it likely isn't) . The switch is also a suspect, unfortunately. At least the parts are not all that expensive and when you do sort it out it should stay fixed for a while.

rlast1

Reaction score
My 1994 K1500 has no high speed I have already replace the resistor and the blower motor looks like next thing is the control module.