Blower not blowing hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are sure the blower fan is getting full B+ from the high relay and you indicated some leakage to defrost, you have a little work to do. Yes, I have pulled enough fuzz off the evap core to knit a sweater, but be careful. If you don't have a missing foam seal, dislodged duct tubing and your diagnostics led you to replace the actuator...make sure there is nothing block the doors movement. I have had drinking straws, pencils and plastic super heroes inside the ducts that fell down from the defrost vent. These things block the doors movement. Also, make sure you attach the actuator onto the shaft & case before plugging in the connector. If your system is electrical, the actuator goes through a re-learn when you key on. If they are not connected, the actuator will run one direction and off the plastic gear inside, damaging your new one. If these are vacuum, no problem. The DOT requires all HVAC systems (Other than cable) to default to defrost mode if the system fails, but if something is blocking the door, well...all bets are off.
Retired ASE Master Tech.