Blower not blowing hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flushed and vacuumed my ac system...it works! But.... fan bows softly. Fan at full speed operates but blows softly thru vents. I think I saw something about leaning out vent? Any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Evap could be stuffed full of debris, not sure what year you have but on my 98 when I changed out fan motor I used a wet vac attachment and sucked trash/leaves etc out and it blew more volume of air through.
Or your blend doors may not be switching completely to upper a/c vents, have you held your hand at lower dash to see if you have cold air coming out bottom ?

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BLend door is probably it. it blows slightly thru the vents and partially thru the defrost vent .. I hear the blower blowing hard. 97 tahoe

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flushed and vacuumed my ac system...it works! But.... fan bows softly. Fan at full speed operates but blows softly thru vents. I think I saw something about leaning out vent? Any ideas

I changed these out on my 93. It’s was a pita for one of them.. there’s three? Correct?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are three actuators...one for recirculation above the blower, one for temperature roughly to the left of the glovebox and the blend door (defrost/panel/floor) to the right of the gas pedal. On that, see if the linkages look out of place.

I’d try cleaning the evaporator core. Pull the blower out and it’ll be to the left.

I believe there are foam seals in the air box that get weak, so you’ll probably get air flow through the floor and defrost regardless. I have two 98 models, they both do that.

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a 97. I changed out all three on my 93 before.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a 97. I changed out all three on my 93 before.

Oops, saw you said it was a 97 so I edited my post. I’d start with cleaning the core then. With any luck, it’ll be an easy fix.

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cleaned it out a lot of junk in there. All three blend doors function.. has to be the foam as a previous post said

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fan speed increases with each dial setting, right? No dead spots?

I haven’t owned an 88-94, but would expect output to be comparable to your 93. It is probably the same blower motor with just revised ductwork.