Bleeding master cylinder on truck (with bleed kit)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where I am fixing my truck, I do not have a bench vise.

Has anyone ever hooked up the MC to the booster, connected the bleeder kit to the MC and used the brake pedal to depress the MC and bleed it?

I am not talking about connecting the brake lines, but using a MC bleeder kit and routing the fluid back into the reservoir. Basically, instead of using the bench vise and screw driver handle... I would let the brake pedal do the work.

Thoughts? I googled this and didn’t find popularity that I thought I would. Seems like everyone has a bench vise except me!

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's best to have the master level. That's usually why the bench is better.. if you can lift the rear or back up a hill so the master is level it would be better then nothing...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went ahead and bled it on the truck... worked well! I did the best with what I had. Father-in-law is a tech at a dealership that lets them use their facilities after hours. Taking it up on Wednesday to take advantage of their lift and tech2.