Bilstein 4600 shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I got the 5100 shocks would it level it without wearing out the front end?

Shocks aren't load bearing, they aren't going to change your ride height. None of them will do anything to prevent wear on front end parts with cranked torsion bar keys either if that's what you're asking.

I'd look up the torque specs for you but unfortunately my manuals are across town at the moment.

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shocks aren't load bearing, they aren't going to change your ride height. None of them will do anything to prevent wear on front end parts with cranked torsion bar keys either if that's what you're asking.

I'd look up the torque specs for you but unfortunately my manuals are across town at the moment.
very helpful, that was what I was asking. And I'm sure I can find torque specs on the interwebs.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most shocks shouldn't lift or lower a vehicle . Unless it's a 1 ton shock on a Toyota mini truck . I'm doing bilsteins but thought about fox shocks

Unkel Dale

Reaction score
When you are ordering the shocks make sure you tell them IF you have a lift on the truck, there are three lengths for the same shock with three different stock part numbers, Just a comment about making sure you order the correct ones buy 4

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are the appropriate Bilsteins for a stock rear and a 1” crank? Will stock length work?

bjett

Reaction score
I can't speak for a 1" crank. I have a 2.5" torsion key in there and (of course) the Bilsteins wouldn't work when I installed that. Currently running Rancho 7000's with Bilstein 4600s in the rear. Anybody ran Rancho 7000s in the rear? How do you like them?

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think mine may be cranked 1-2 inches, how do I know?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are the appropriate Bilsteins for a stock rear and a 1” crank? Will stock length work?

Yes.

I think mine may be cranked 1-2 inches, how do I know?

Park the truck on level ground (with no weight in the back) and measure the height from the ground to the top of the wheel arches. If it's pretty close to the same between front and rear, then it's most likely been cranked. From the factory all these trucks sat about 2" higher in the rear than in the front.