Biggershaft96's truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Well in true grandpa fashion he bought a grandpa truck. 06 rclb 4x4 with 86,000 miles. According to my gma it actually has power options aaaannndddd thats pretty much all i know at this point other than its not a dmax. Theyre gonna put it to the test this weekend. 813 miles towing a trailer with my truck on it. Ill get some pics up when they get back.

On another note i got my dodge running this morning. I brought it to work yesterday so i could tinker with it and its alive again but has no dashlights, oil psi, or temp gauge..
Grandpa truck I'd like to have a Reg cab long box 2500 or 3500 6.0 or 6.6 and I'm 25. Let's see this Dodge I use to run a few Dodges I'm not just a Chevy guy I also want a 2017 double can TRD 5.7 Tundra but I don't have the money

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
What are you using for winter weight I typically put about 700lbs of weight in my 94 2wd with good tires. People don't believe me but with good tires and the right amount of weight theres nothing wrong with a 2wd in the snow.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
What are you using for winter weight I typically put about 700lbs of weight in my 94 2wd with good tires. People don't believe me but with good tires and the right amount of weight theres nothing wrong with a 2wd in the snow.
I have a couple huge die sets banded to pallets then ratchet strap them in place. Theyre probably about 400lbs a peice.
I guess my truck is supposed to be home tomorrow. Also found out grandpas new truck is a 8.1 allison lol.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I have a couple huge die sets banded to pallets then ratchet strap them in place. Theyre probably about 400lbs a peice.
I guess my truck is supposed to be home tomorrow. Also found out grandpas new truck is a 8.1 allison lol.
Least it's an Alison you have to be and older person to afford the fuel for them 8.1. sound like a rare truck.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Idk about rare on not but its definatly not something you see every day. My dads 8.1 actually gets about the same fuel milage as my truck.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I found a 1998 Reg cab long box 4x4 Chevy 1500 decent shape basically only rust on it is they cab corners and I some coming on the box. My biggest fear of the 96-03 gm trucks is the fuel pump I remember my dad's 96 left him stranded three times on summer. I was told it was a plug for the fuel pump and there is a upgrade to fix this issue. Have you had any issues or have to do anything?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I found a 1998 Reg cab long box 4x4 Chevy 1500 decent shape basically only rust on it is they cab corners and I some coming on the box. My biggest fear of the 96-03 gm trucks is the fuel pump I remember my dad's 96 left him stranded three times on summer. I was told it was a plug for the fuel pump and there is a upgrade to fix this issue. Have you had any issues or have to do anything?
My tahoe is the only thing ive HAD to put a fuel pump in and it was a real pita. Trucks are easy to do fuel pumps on if you have a lift, cherry picker, or something along that line. When i threw the walbro in my 03 i just picked it up on the lift, took the bed bolts off, unhooked the tail light harness and undo the 3 screws that hold the filler neck on. Then i set it back down and just lifted the bed off with the lift.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
My tahoe is the only thing ive HAD to put a fuel pump in and it was a real pita. Trucks are easy to do fuel pumps on if you have a lift, cherry picker, or something along that line. When i threw the walbro in my 03 i just picked it up on the lift, took the bed bolts off, unhooked the tail light harness and undo the 3 screws that hold the filler neck on. Then i set it back down and just lifted the bed off with the lift.
Oka I was told there was a problem with the original gm wirring harness causing to burn out. I no a friend of mine ray did 9 fuel pumps last year so was doing alot of research to cure the problem all I herd was alot of talk about this wirring harness but can't find were to buy them thought you guys would know. There supposed to be a new style wiring harness to cure the problem.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oka I was told there was a problem with the original gm wirring harness causing to burn out. I no a friend of mine ray did 9 fuel pumps last year so was doing alot of research to cure the problem all I herd was alot of talk about this wirring harness but can't find were to buy them thought you guys would know. There supposed to be a new style wiring harness to cure the problem.
My new fuel pump for my 99 suburban came with the updated plug to solve the issue you're talking about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I wasnt aware of this problem. New fuel pumps generally come with a new pigtail but thats about all i know of.