Biggershaft96's truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Lotta stuff got done today! The new hoe finally got its leveling kit. If you thought the tires looked small before wait till you see it now. Also the truck got a headache rack. Immidiatly noticed it was about 6" to tall so off that came. Takin it to work to make it shorter and figure out what to do with the toolbox tomorrow hopefully.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well i have a few small updates all across the board:

-TRUCK: Said screw it with the headache rack, dont really want one bad enough plus im not sure i like the look of this particular one. Traded that for a case of coors. Changed the oil, plugs wires, cap and rotor. Attempted to change the fuel filter and started to strip the nut. It was like 20 degrees and windy so i said screw it. Almost had a catastrophic 4l60e related melt down last night, then i realized i blew out a trans cooler line. Had to have my dad come tow me to his machine shop. Got it ordered, should be here tomorrow. So tomorrow night ive got to do a trans line, fuel filter with a new fuel line, door pins, and one of the cab mounts is shot so ill probably replace those while i have it in the warm.

- OLD HOE: smoked a deer I saw it coming towards the road so i slammed on the brakes, thankfully other than some deer fur and poop nothing happened.

- NEW HOE: made the first payment wednesday. Then changed a headlight as the old one was getting condensation in it. Ive never had to pull a fender liner to get a headlight out until last night. Kinda bummed with it. You guys know how when you buy a vehicle you look forward to giving it that first tuneup and fluid changes to kind of familiarize yourself with it? Yeaa. Plug wires looked brand new. Pulled a plug, brand new. So i looked at the carfax and to my suprise it had just gotten a full tune up and all the fluids changed. Ive got to give credit to baseline auto group where i got it because they actually do a full tune up and change literally every fluid including the brake fluid before they sell something and they pay a dealership to do it. Most other places just tell you they do. So ive got nothing to do to that.☹️

- G6: still tucked away for the winter. That is all!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Truck got fixed friday. The cab sits good on the frame now, found one bad bushing so i just replaced them all. Got bunches of snow sunday, pulled out my grandpa on my moms side then last night i pulled out a buddys brother. He was playing in the snow behind the grocery store and found some mud under the snow. Sank like a rock then the a holes plowing, plowed his truck in. Suprisingly it only took 2 trys to get his truck out.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Welp f*#k, the monday bug has chomped down on my ass this morning. I went to start the truck like i do every morning and fires up like normal. I go back inside to shower and get ready for work, when i come back out i noticed my windshield was still snow covered (pretty odd since my heat was amazing) so i walk up to check it out and there is coolant all over the ground, rollin steam out the hood, and the temp gauge is pegged on hot. got under the hood after fighting through ice to open it and everything is covered in coolant. So i shut it and started the tahoe and thats where im at. Coolant probably froze, dont know what alls broke if anything, looks like it all boiled out of the radiator cap but i was to pissed to further investigate. Chances are if it cracked a head or the block im gonna find a new motor that probably wont be the 5.7 flavor. Just to make it worse i dropped the key fob to the new tahoe under the dam thing so ive gotta crawl under there and find it, the old hoe started real slow and the piston slap is insane, aaaaaand its a brisk -13 right now.

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
This is the first day it ever had tow mirrors. I was going through old pics and i think im going to go back to chrome rims after this motor buisness is straightened out. Love this picture
You must be registered for see images attach
Anyways, first off, my engine still runs but it has a hell of a shake and i dont think its missing. There seems to be alot of noise coming from the valvetrain, smokes like a freight train, aaaannnnddddd there is a hole in a freeze plug now. Soo tonight i ordered 2 block heaters (doesnt usually get that cold here just precautions), all new freeze plugs, new injector, and i got a new set of heads off of craigslist. I orginally found a different set i was going to pick up cheap and have engine shop rebuild and surface them buuutttt of course they couldnt do it until after the first of the year. Found another set on craigslist that were an hour further away and another $500 but Everything about them is new. Jegs 1.5 roller rockers, comp cams double valve springs, ARP rocker studs, and minor port and polish. I need to get lifters, push rods, head bolts or studs, and to speek with someone who knows more than i do about if a stock profile cam will work good with this setup. Not looking for power as much as reliability. Tomorrow i gott get my short block home, get gaskets, fluids, and get misc nuts and bolts. Also while im emptying my savings account, ive been trying to convince the woman that i need the whipple supercharger on indy craigslist. Shes not beliving me:bawl:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well the truck sits motorless. I dont really need it up and running, but im throwing around the idea of taking it off insurance and pulling the cab and bed off the frame to fix the cab, strip down the frame and paint it but if its down for that long i might as well sell the 355 and buy a 6.0 and nv4500 to swap in... theres a running driving 01 6.0 nv4500 on craigslist for $4500, but ive got half that in this 355 and i probably wont get that out of it. Soooo many decisions but ill be honest, ive never ls swaped anything and its pretty intimidating. Especially since i want a manual trans which entails custom crossmember, custom driveshafts, and cutting holes in my floor and firewall. funny how **** snowballs out of control in my mind.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
been a while. motor is in, its been running long enough to toast the trans. 3rd and 4th are gone for good. not gonna throw any more money at 4l60es. its just been looking sad as hell sitting around the farm, and it needs a bath really bad. it still gets used often to move the skid loader from farm to farm and do odds and ends that don't require highway driving. the things that need addressed keep piling up though.

out of nowhere it started smelling like it was burning coolant once it gets to temp, so I pulled the valve covers off and all the head bolts are still torqued good, its not leaking anywhere, its not in the oil, or coming out of the exhaust, and I havnt had to add any, so who knows. the front turn signals need rewired, sometimes they all work, sometimes some of them will work, sometimes none of them work. my brights and cruise mysteriously quit working a while ago, so I think it needs a new multifunction switch. also my grandpas helper Eugene backed it into the skid loader trailer and it hit the exhaust. he ripped off 3 of the rubber hanger insulaters, tweaked the whole exhaust, and put a giant dent in on of the tips. fkn amish... so I took it up to my dads shop and parked it.

EDIT: also I need to rewire my trailer plug. its got a short somewhere

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Lol uf i cant find a nv4500 in the next couple months ill probably start looking for a 3500. You still got that spare for your old truck?