bigger tires, factory ride height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Well to be honest, it is a "toy truck" to some degree, but it's also a daily driver. But seeing as how my daily drive isn't extreme and I work management for a major part store (unnamed for corporate reasons) I just thought it would be kinda neat to be able to show people different options for truck mods. Plus I just think it would be cool looking if I did a wider tire with some good looking flares. But you guys have given me a lot of info I was looking for! Thanks much!

tis always better to have it and not need it...than need it and not have it........look at the Bushwacker cut out flares....can put big shoes under for sure.

http://www.bushwacker.com/search-results/make-model-year/1998-gmc-k1500

and you're welcome

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've done bigger tires on all my trucks. Really no big deal. The one truck with 3.42 gears wasn't that bad power wise and really the speedo was barely off, (they are not even accurate from Factory)no need to recalibrate. If you have 3.73 or lower gearing, the taller tire is just gonna lower your cruising rpm. The fuel mileage change would be marginal. I say go for the 285s. No real power drop and looks great too

Glendias583

Reaction score