Better maintenance access with a suspension lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcb1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I've never cared for on my k3500 is the IFS and how it obscures everything. Do those of you with suspension lifts (like Cepek) find it easier to do some maintenance (like replacing oil pan gaskets or oil cooler lines)? I know there are a lot of beefy brackets that are installed, but just getting that front differential down a few inches seems in my mind like it would help with breathing room.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
One thing I've never cared for on my k3500 is the IFS and how it obscures everything. Do those of you with suspension lifts (like Cepek) find it easier to do some maintenance (like replacing oil pan gaskets or oil cooler lines)? I know there are a lot of beefy brackets that are installed, but just getting that front differential down a few inches seems in my mind like it would help with breathing room.
Honestly if your going through the trouble of dropping the diff down a couple inches you might as well pull it out. Its not that much harder, plus youll probably need the space to clear the oil pickup. I dont think its any easier on a lifted truck but then again i dont own one. I think the lift brackets drop it 3" or so.