Best steering box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need one affordable but a good one. What do you guys suggest?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I bought mine through Advance Auto, Cardone, works great and for my truck it was $125. (Speed Perk member and got 30% off when ordered online)

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i bought a new delphi unit from midwest steering. Application was for a dodge 1500 but it bolted right in and steering stops were perfect and ratio was not noticeably different from the stock box. I actually had to loosen the adjustments a little bit on the new box because it was TOO tight. It was pricey but by the time I got to that point I had installed a few "rebuilt" gears, two being ACDelco service parts, and rebuilt two gears myself. All had play due to hard part wear.

mistaake

Reaction score
Rebuilt Cardone (MasterPro, ACDelco, Napa, etc) are awful - don't get those. After putting a MasterPro box in my Crown Vic it has a ton of play still so when the funds allow it's getting a Redhead.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I put a readhead on last week with a new rag joint, lares205, the truck has absolutely no play in the wheel and it is very tight and smooth.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Link?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

TigerEyz3

Reaction score
AGR and new rag joint is the route that I went. Been very happy with the result.

FTR, I had to convert the power steering hose to the 97 style rather than the 99 - wanted to eliminate one of the electronic valves that communicated with the steering wheel. No big deal since I needed to replace the hose anyway, just wanted to be up front that I made some changes to factory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolxnico