Best Replacement Door Panels For 88-94?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifted92

Reaction score
I bought replacement door panels from RockAuto a couple years ago, they have since almost completely fallen apart. Soo, what are the best replacement door panels available? Coverlay? LMC? Thanks

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would be hitting the boneyard. I would rather spend time scouring the yard for a decent set of used door panels than buy the aftermarket crap. Just my .02 cents.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just ordered new panels from Rock Auto yesterday, so I'm not thrilled to hear this. But the panels from Rock auto are from Coverlay, and I'm pretty sure the ones from LMC are as well. There are some on Ebay that are just plain black plastic and would have to be painted and upholstered to match your interior, and they're the 90-up style not the 88-89 style panels. What specifically fell apart on your replacement panels? Could you post a picture?

Lifted92

Reaction score
Personally, I would be hitting the boneyard. I would rather spend time scouring the yard for a decent set of used door panels than buy the aftermarket crap. Just my .02 cents.

I tried, but all the pickups in the yards around here are complete junk or picked clean already

Lifted92

Reaction score
I just ordered new panels from Rock Auto yesterday, so I'm not thrilled to hear this. But the panels from Rock auto are from Coverlay, and I'm pretty sure the ones from LMC are as well. There are some on Ebay that are just plain black plastic and would have to be painted and upholstered to match your interior, and they're the 90-up style not the 88-89 style panels. What specifically fell apart on your replacement panels? Could you post a picture?

Rock auto changed the door panels from what they used to have, the ones I got are fully carpeted but didn't seem to have a brand or logo on em anywhere. Mind keepin me posted on the quality of those are, and some pics of em?

Lifted92

Reaction score
I might just get me some used ones if arrg's aren't quite up to par. Thanks guys

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently replaced mine with the coverlay panels from coverlay. They added pockets to both doors, included armrests, hardware. I had to assemble the lower carpeted piece to the upper panel. I didn't care for their screws and swapped for bolts and nuts after first using the screws to open the holes. They went on easily, not directly OEM but upgraded my interior. They do not have all the mounts that the OEM does but I am satisfied with them. They were a little more then 2 new armrests, plus my panels were tattered and cracked along with a bad driver's rest and ugly but functional passenger rest.