Best mods for hp on my engine? Need opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hey guys i have a 1994 k1500 with a tbi 350. Ive put a k&n stock style air filter with the airbox lid flip. Also it has a 2 into 1 single pipe with a magnaflow muffler and stock cat. It runs great and has 182,000 miles but i want a little more power without a engine swap or major engine work. Im looking for like bolt on stuff mainly possibly true duals combined with some other modifications. Any opinions on what to do? I have a old edelbrock 4 barrel off of a 350 but idk if i wanna do a carb swap

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
true dual will hurt more than help....i had the single sided Flowmaster on my '90 Blazer as i was preparing to do a few modifications. very important is to get some good flow matched injectors....

look at this site, from what i gathered at the time he's regarded as very good with the TBI platform and programming.

gearing could be your friend too.

baddbradd

Reaction score
Headers for sure......make sure your tbi is at 12p.s.i.,,Y-pipe would be at the top and true dual won't hurt at all

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet your hurting power with that intake setup. Ditch the k&n and get a good stock style filter. Flip the lid back down so your pulling in outside air not hot under hood air.

Get a programmed chip made for your truck

Reaction score
Rebuild engine cam swap .430/.450 int/exh if keeping tbi stock. Add 2-3 degrees timing just before check engine light comes on driving.
182k not worth sinking $ just to break something.
If it was mine 5.3 ls swap