Best manufacturer for 6" lift springs?

Discussion in 'Full Custom Suspension / Cages / Fab' started by MikeyHustle, Dec 24, 2017.

1. MikeyHustle

MikeyHustle Newbie

1998 2 door tahoe (6" BDS lift)

My rear leafs need new bushings. So rather than replace the bushings, Im going to remove the 4" block and 2" add-a-leaf. I want to install 6" lift springs. Any experience with these manufactures? Or do you recommend one that Ive missed?

Skyjacker 6" $232 ea (Amazon Prime, lol)
    Pro Comp 6" $169 ea (Jackit.com)
    Deaver (no 6" for my truck)

Thank you in advance

2. 1999gmc

1999gmc OBS Enthusiast

I had 6" skyjackers that were 56" long on a 1985 suburban. Rode pretty nice I thought for a solid front and rear axle truck. Eventually I'm going to get rid of my blocks and go all spring on this truck. I have read good reviews of Deaver and there was another one I believe besides Deaver. I had the Skyjacker springs for over 10 years and I didn't have a problem with them sagging or anything.

3. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

I'd recommend Eaton springs. Expensive but they'll custom build you whatever you want based on how you use the vehicle.

4. MikeyHustle

MikeyHustle Newbie

Thank you! Good info. I'm leaning towards Skyjacker. But definitely going to contact Eaton for a price on Tuesday.

5. redchevy914x4

redchevy914x4 I'm Awesome

I have pro-comp springs on the rear of my 91 K1500. They aren't 6" but I think they are 2.5 or 3. They seem to ride pretty good and load carrying capacity seems to be the same or better than stock. They also flex pretty good too.