Best lift kit for ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Hey guys I want to lift my truck no more than 4 inches. But 2 big concerns are ride quality and highway drivability, as I will be driving on the highway for about an hour one way for college next fall.

Also what is a good brand? I know rough country makes a 4 inch and I believe skyjacker does too? The RC lift is real affordable. Is rough country as bad as people say?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
A 3 inch body lift will retain the factory ride quality and factory steering geometry.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've never heard anybody (including myself) complain about highway drive-ablity with these trucks. The kits seem to hold well with the IFS in terms of the way they handle. Mine actually drives better than stock, although a lot of that has to do with some front end components being wore out before I did the lift.

Ride is going to be more dependent on the shocks you go with more than the lift itself. They come with new shocks but there much better ones out there. For what you're concerned about, going with something like Bilstein shocks would do great.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've never heard anybody (including myself) complain about highway drive-ablity with these trucks. The kits seem to hold well with the IFS in terms of the way they handle. Mine actually drives better than stock, although a lot of that has to do with some front end components being wore out before I did the lift.

Ride is going to be more dependent on the shocks you go with more than the lift itself. They come with new shocks but there much better ones out there. For what you're concerned about, going with something like Bilstein shocks would do great.
Thanks for the advice man.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have rcd with Bilstein 5100's and sulastic shackles in the rear. Rides better than it did stock. Reason I went with RCD for my 2500 is because it came with knuckles so all of the steering remains at stock height. No drop brackets between the idler and pitman arms to the tie rods. Mines been on 2 years and still love it. The only thing I don't like is it widened the front end by 2". But overall has been an awesome lift.