Best CD player under a 100 dollars ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jermaine Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at CD players for my truck. I'm on a tight budget. A 100 dollars budget to be exact.
What CD player you guys recommend for under my budget ?

whiteboyslo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit up Amazon and enter your parameters. No shortage of options. I have a JVC that came with the truck. All the modern options you could ever want and about $100. Only thing is that it actually isn't a CD player, but it has Bluetooth and that's all I need.

Stick with bigger names like Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, etc. Avoid the cheaper stuff like Boss, Jensen, etc.

Mike

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I paid right around 100 for the Kenwood in my truck at WalMart. By the time I bought the harness adapter and the replacement parts for the dash it probably came out to 140 or so. It plays CD's Mp3's and will handle my cell phone via bluetooth. Overall not a bad deal at all. I'm not sure you could do it for 100 but most likely 150 will get you going.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
I really like my JVC. Except for the puny, stupid, idiot, moronic, dumbass tiny buttons on every freaking aftermarket head unit that isn't $300.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kenwood or Pioneer.... which one is better and Why?
I doubt there is any or much difference sound-wise. I originally bought a Pioneer but found the installation instructions to be murky at best and I could not get it to work. I have bought nothing but Kenwood since and have found the instructions to be more clear. I have one in a van and one in the pickup and they both work well. It might not matter if you hire out the installation but I chose to install my own.

The one in the van was a royal PITA because the PO had cut all the wires back. I had to find the color codes on the net and then solder each wire into the adapter and THEN solder up a wiring harness. The one in the pickup was easy. One thing i would stay away from is the under 100 radios from discount houses. From what I have seen on the net and on installation videos some of the cheaper radios have a bad problem with ignition noise in the output

I really like my JVC. Except for the puny, stupid, idiot, moronic, dumbass tiny buttons on every freaking aftermarket head unit that isn't $300.

Add to that displays that are freakin' IMPOSSIBLE to see during the day. Just about all of the less expensive radios have displays that are invisible by day . You had best memorize the location of those small buttons or you are SOL when it comes to finding stations.

Last edited:

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Pioneer makes some good head units in that price range. Of course if you don't already have them you'll need the dash adapter, wiring harness, and antenna adpater.
I've had nothing but pioneer in my truck and haven't had a single problem from them. I love them. I bought my first one from crutchfield and it came with everything for right at $100. Since then I've just been swapping radios.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I have a Kenwood stereo and that will be the only stereo brand I will ever use. Have had no problems with it since I bought it back in 2014.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a pioneer with blue tooth. I will never have another stereo with out blue tooth again. It was over $100 but not that much over. Money well spent.