best bang for the buck 4x6's any recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
yea its definitely being sold, I already have another truck lined up to buy after this one is gone...

the speakers I currently have are putting out very poor sound, anything is an upgrade to whats in there. the cost of putting premium speakers in there is not worth it. If I just leave it, it'll definitely be a picking point for someone to drive the price down.

I have better experience selling vehicles with little to no issues than vehicles that need work, vehicles that need things replaced tend to attract more dip ***** than I care to deal with.

I also live In California, the majority of the ppl here dont know how to change there oil, let alone figure out how to replace some speakers. I guarantee ppl will wanna knock off $300-$500 for blown speakers.

thanks for the opinions ill definately use some of the ideas for the next Gmt400 I get.

Rtlngr2

Reaction score
I would have to agree with some of the other guys. just put something in it that sounds better than what you have but dont go over board.

On the other side for those looking for suggestions, I had an 88 at one time and it took 4x6's in all for corners. I installed a Pioneer plate in the front and Cerwin Vegas in the rear. Would have done the Cerwin's up front but the magnets would not clear the a/c duct work. Good sound overall! I do need to look at upgrading the 4x6's in my 97 extended cab though.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it a pain in the ass to take out the 4X6 speakers in my 97 single cab 2500 ?

It's definitely not the easiest job in the world. The key is to take your time and be gentle with the plastic. Here's some instructions.

You must be registered for see images

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it a pain in the ass to take out the 4X6 speakers in my 97 single cab 2500 ?

Jermaine it really isn't all that difficult. Do you have the high trim model with all the extra plastic? Even those aren't too bad. I got mine done in a couple of hours. Even cheap speakers work really well with the "fore and aft" configuration . I personally would consider it less of a pain in the ass than taking off door cards.

doesn't get much cheaper than that, thanks bud

Big D you are welcome. I have had really good luck with Parts express (no commercial interest, just a customer) . I have speakers in enclosures I bought from them in my van and have been happy with them.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will the vin number tell you do I have the high trim model ?

Is there a removable grille over the rear 4x6s? If so, it's the low trim. If not and the plastic looks like the pictures I posted, it's the high trim.