best bang for the buck 4x6's any recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also check out the Pioneer TS series, they are designed to be factor replacements and are very affordable. Been reading up on them myself and even some stereo shops are saying they are surprised how well these work even off a stock headunit.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the style I would buy over a regular 4x6-not necessarily endorsing either brand.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Even a set of "decent" speakers isn't going to be cheap.

But if you're going to sell it then the next owner would probably change them out for something of a personal preference anyway.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In all honesty.... tell the potential buyer they are dead if you want if they haven't noticed. Let them decide what they want to put in there and let them do it. It's a used vehicle. 40-50 in speakers should not be a deal breaker... just my 2 cents worth..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In all honesty.... tell the potential buyer they are dead if you want if they haven't noticed. Let them decide what they want to put in there and let them do it. It's a used vehicle. 40-50 in speakers should not be a deal breaker... just my 2 cents worth..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Anything requiring action on the part of the potential buyer stands a chance of moving him on to the next truck. At Best Buy or Wal Mart the cheapest 4 x 6 is about 25 bucks a pair. They work fine for normal radio or music listening unless you are really into high volume. In my not-so-humble opinion it is better to have the radio working and those speakers are cheap enough to get it done.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So a 4 inch round speaker will sound/perform better than a 4X6 ?

It's not so much that they will, but they can. Round drivers generally do better than oblong ones, but there are lots of other factors.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Big D, if you're 100% positive that you're going to sell the truck, then I guess you might as well go with the cheap-o's you posted. To anyone else reading this, I can tell you from experience that the two options I posted earlier and the examples that @Z71Hobbs posted are great.