best bang for the buck 4x6's any recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know 4x6's arent the best speaker, as far as I know there in the dash and the rear pillars on my 91 dually.

Im getting ready to sell it, and the speakers currently in it are blown to smithereens so in order to keep the cost down, what are the best deal on 4x6 speakers?

so far, these are the best ones ive found

https://www.amazon.com/Crunch-CS46C...&qid=1519115551&sr=1-16&keywords=4x6+speakers
Those aren't speakers, they're theft deterrent devices. Any thief that sees those is going to be laughing their ass off as they find a better target.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
anything would be better than whats in there, rears are so blown, they dont even make noise, and the fronts are barely hanging on.

The amazon reviews suggest these to be a diamond in the rough.

Last edited:

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m probably in the minority on this, but I probably won’t put a regular 4x6 back in my truck anymore. Years ago I spent money on infinity kappas (they were supposed to be awesome) and I was less than thrilled-especially after pulling all of my ext cab trim.

They make a 4x6 plate that has a 4” or so round speaker with a separate tweeter. If I was hard pressed to install another 4x6, that’s what I would use. Otherwise, for the Rears anyways, I would modify the opening to take a bigger speaker. For the dash..maybe with some fiberglass work and enginutiy, you could install a slightly bigger round speaker-but speaker depth will likely control this.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
While not the cheapest, the best bang for your buck were the JBL plate 4x6 speakers. I don't know if you can get them any more but they sound great for what they are and can handle power. I've had good luck with JBL power series too, don't think that's around any more either but was great stuff and I try to find sets for any car I "do up."

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know 4x6's arent the best speaker, as far as I know there in the dash and the rear pillars on my 91 dually.

Im getting ready to sell it, and the speakers currently in it are blown to smithereens so in order to keep the cost down, what are the best deal on 4x6 speakers?

so far, these are the best ones ive found

https://www.amazon.com/Crunch-CS46C...&qid=1519115551&sr=1-16&keywords=4x6+speakers

Those crunch speakers are actually decent for a 4x6. I have them in my truck and they have took a beating and haven't blowed but I have them paired with a sub so the bass is turned down on them

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They make a 4x6 plate that has a 4” or so round speaker with a separate tweeter. If I was hard pressed to install another 4x6, that’s what I would use.

This man speaks the truth. Polk used to make a DB series 4x6 like this, but unfortunately the only ones I can find on the market currently are Infinity Kappas. Definitely not cheap, but will sound better than any of the other options in that size.

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Kappa-2-Way-Loudspeakers-Pair-Black/dp/B00FP3IKW2

If you don't want to drop that much, my second recommendation would be the tried and true Kicker KS series.

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-KSC4604-KSC460-Speakers-tweeters/dp/B01NBT4D3H

Friends don't let friends buy junk speakers! Stay away from the Crunch and other Cheap-O options IMO.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
thanks for the input. if I was keeping the truck, 4x6s would never make it back in there. its leaving for sure so whatever is half ass descent is fine with me.