battery wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Ok I'm putting my battery in the rear of the bed. My question is should I run 4 gauge wire from the alternator the battery and then run a 0 gauge wire from the battery to the starter and the run wires to the sterio and compressors off the battery. Or can I run a 0 gauge wire from a distrabution block in the engine capartment.

In the picture below the top blue wire is coming from the alternator and the black one on the left is going to the starter and the bottom blue is going to the electric fans.

The yellow wire is running back to the battery in the rear going threw a 0 gauge tee distrabution block in the cab were i have all the sterio and alarm wired in for power and then to the rear to another tee 0 guage distrabution block for the compressors and then in to the battery.

Does it matter, do I have to run straight off the battery or can I run it like I have it?

You must be registered for see images attach

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the yellow wire is feeding that block and everything is coming from it? I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you are getting full voltage at the block from the battery wire. You won't have that much voltage drop anyways. 0 awg is more than enough

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
I just didn't know if I had to have the wire from the alternator go stright to the battery and then every thing come stright off the battery?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
As long as the alternator ties into that block somewhere, you should be fine. Think of it as water pipes. Does not matter where the source is as long as each pathway can support enough flow.