Bang for buck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quarter modding the fuel pressure reg? That might as well be Chinese to me. I put in an adjustable fuel pressure reg... am I a quarter of the way there?
The quarter mod is disassembling the fuel pressure regulator and placing a quarter under the spring as a spacer to boost the pressure and reassembling the regulator.

swervin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long tube headers on a 4x4 do work just a bit hard to route 3" duals atleast without a lift (the guy i bought the truck off of already bought 3" piping and flowmaster 40 mufflers so i stuck with that to save $) i probably would have gone with 2 1/2-2 3/4 max personally still sounds good, and sets off car alarms though.. Hahah

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The mechanical advantage of proper gears and tire size for towing is hard to beat. Like how the strongest guy in the world can't bust apart oilfield pipe with an 18" pipe wrench, but I can do it in my sleep with a 4' pipe wrench

Reaction score
I had a buddy who works on trucks often say that if I wanted to change my 5.7 TBI to vortec heads I'd have to re-chip it, and possibly get new injectors with a stronger pump because of the massive amount of excess air flow. Is that true? Seems drastic. Because I've been wanting to get vortec heads on myself. I was considering just swapping heads with minimal, if any rework to them.
I'm running vortec heads on my tbi and to run right it needs a retune. The VE with vortec heads is significantly different.

Trucker89490

Reaction score
I had a buddy who works on trucks often say that if I wanted to change my 5.7 TBI to vortec heads I'd have to re-chip it, and possibly get new injectors with a stronger pump because of the massive amount of excess air flow. Is that true? Seems drastic. Because I've been wanting to get vortec heads on myself. I was considering just swapping heads with minimal, if any rework to them.
I would imagine you you would have to it would be a different flow rate in a different Cam and from what Edelbrock is told me to ECU at least with the stock heads works better with the 3702 Cam vs a2102 that I wanted so I can't see that you would not need to reach if putting different heads on there altogether

Trucker89490

Reaction score
I've had good luck with bumping the timing to 4 btdc and quarter modding the fuel pressure reg. It should be tuned to be right but the above will get you by.
Where would I get a new spring for the TBI I've already bought my timing and it had a pretty good increase in throttle response but it still feels lagging