Bang for buck.

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by Trucker89490, Aug 5, 2017.

1. skylark

skylark I'm Awesome

The quarter mod is disassembling the fuel pressure regulator and placing a quarter under the spring as a spacer to boost the pressure and reassembling the regulator.

2. swervin

swervin Newbie

Long tube headers on a 4x4 do work just a bit hard to route 3" duals atleast without a lift (the guy i bought the truck off of already bought 3" piping and flowmaster 40 mufflers so i stuck with that to save $) i probably would have gone with 2 1/2-2 3/4 max personally still sounds good, and sets off car alarms though.. Hahah

3. Biggershaft96

Biggershaft96 Resident 4l60e killer

Trucker89490 likes this.
  4. 90halfton

90halfton I'm Awesome

The mechanical advantage of proper gears and tire size for towing is hard to beat. Like how the strongest guy in the world can't bust apart oilfield pipe with an 18" pipe wrench, but I can do it in my sleep with a 4' pipe wrench

TravisR likes this.
  5. c1500deathtrap

c1500deathtrap Newbie

I'm running vortec heads on my tbi and to run right it needs a retune. The VE with vortec heads is significantly different.

6. c1500deathtrap

c1500deathtrap Newbie

And for the injectors, you can get by with stock injectors, fuel pressure may need a bump and you will definitely need a better fuel pump.

7. Trucker89490

Trucker89490 Newbie

I would imagine you you would have to it would be a different flow rate in a different Cam and from what Edelbrock is told me to ECU at least with the stock heads works better with the 3702 Cam vs a2102 that I wanted so I can't see that you would not need to reach if putting different heads on there altogether

8. Trucker89490

Trucker89490 Newbie

Where would I get a new spring for the TBI I've already bought my timing and it had a pretty good increase in throttle response but it still feels lagging