Bagged truck, no way to mount receiver. how about this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once I get the bed back off, I will add more bolts and get some grade 8 bolts to mount that plate. Not too worried about that. Something I do want to point out.. that the receiver I linked.. has only 4 bolts holding it on??? 2 per side.. maybe once I get the bed back off I can come up with some new ideas lol. Like always I will take pictures because I am a picture *****.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Be interesting fer sure. It'll prolly work out fine. I usually overkill that sorta stuff. I haul big overloaded crap up n down hillz, thru fields, and over rocks n crap.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am hoping I can pull it off. Ready to have me a home made trailer. gotta get plates for it though.. sucks.. oh.. title too here in IL

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Working on my hitch as we speak! Hoping it is going to turn out decent. I had to come in and take me a poop break lmao. So far i got the hitch bolted up and had to change the set up on my compressors a little bit but you guys will see once i get time to come in and upload the pics for ya guys. All i gotta do now basically is set the bed back down and line up the rollpan and cut my hole out and hope it all lines up :-D

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here we go.
You must be registered for see images attach

done. lol Long story short.. this turned out better then I thought it would. shelby.. I added 2 extra bolts to the receiver for more strength. It came with grade 5 bolts.. said it wasn't good enough so I went and bought grade 10 bolts. lol got it all bolted up and had to change my compressor design some which I think was for the better. As you can see from a couple of the bolts that it was a close call on whether they would rub the bottom of my compressors, but it cleared. lol I think this would be a decent setup for anyone looking for a hidden hitch for cheap! A good how to maybe? lol Only difference maybe is the strength of this compared to an actual hitch.. ANYWAYS.. turned out good. Happy with it how it turned out and for the price compared to buying a hidden hitch. Thanks Shelby for your input in the whole thing! Really appreciated!

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Looks great bud. U did a real nice job. Be sure to remember to beef up those bolts on the compressor bracket and I think u will be fine towing the small trailer. The entire assembly looked plenty strong.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is very strong. I stuck with just 2 bolts on each side due to drilling more holes there wouldnt be much metal left. The truck prolly never see too much hauling anyways but just in case.. I can do it lol. I habe a fear of my notch snapping so dont see me towing much of anything heavy.. Lol