Auxbeam LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been researching for a decent LED headlight. All the ones on Amazon had subpar reviews. I stumbled across HoneyBadgers YT channel and he used Auxbeam 9006/9005 combo.

I decided sure for right around $43 shipped I’ll bite. Only issue to me is they’re made in China. Oh well I’ll grt over it for now.

They installed real easy especially with the grille off and pulling the assembly’s off. Ive nailed the grille removal down to a science and it doesn’t take much time at all.

The pictures show more white than what they are in person but they are super bright, maybe even too bright. I have the LMC HD harness so that might be why it’s “too” bright. However I did not receive any light flashing from oncoming traffic as I passed them last night so maybe it’s just me.

still need to adjust some. the right side of the front end is a little twerked from the accident the p/o had
You must be registered for see images attach

this is with the LEDs going down our gravel road

this is with the factory bright light bulbs

I am not sure if I will even buy the brights in LED. Next I need to get new headlight assemblies due to them being fogged and the drivers side has some water in them. Plus I am redoing the front end so figured I will start small.

Also switching the interior lights over to LEDs was another worth while upgrade.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you post links to your led source
My led mod doesn’t look half that good ...
Also... twerked lol.....

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Obligatory comment about how none of these drop in LEDs are street legal, and all throw light in a different pattern than a halogen does... Oncoming traffic is definitely being subjected to more glare than they were before you swapped these in.

Personally the only way I'd ever use LED headlights in one of these trucks is with the Trucklite or GE sealed beam housings in a W/T grille. Those are the only DOT approved and street legal LED headlight solution that will fit these trucks. Their reflectors were specifically designed for LEDs.

Here's a very long but very informative thread for anyone who feels like learning some more about lighting. Long and short of it is factory style halogens or HIRs work best for this type of headlight housing.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/spyder-headlamps-my-take-on-em-and-lighting-in-general.36647/

All that said, these do look very bright. If I were you I'd seriously consider running them in the high beams only and leaving the low beams either factory halogen or HIR. That way you're not bothering anyone in traffic with the LEDs.

MatSLO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the LMC HD harness so that might be why it’s “too” bright.
I might be wrong, but I don't think that LED lumen output varies with the 'amount of juice' through the wires, like it does with halogens....

These LEDs look nice, I must say.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I don't think that LED lumen output varies with the 'amount of juice' through the wires, like it does with halogens....

These LEDs look nice, I must say.

Thanks man. The camera captured it to be more white than what it really is in person. They have a slight blue tint to them.

That I don’t know either. I just figured since there is no voltage drop in the wiring that they’re getting full juice to be at max brightness. I’m not an expert not claim to be one. I just researched and saw what others had done and based it off their experiences. Im only on page 9 of the link above about the spyder housings. My housings are fogged up and in the second picture my lights seem to be aimed to the right.

Last edited:

MatSLO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mean, in real life there is more blue tint than we see in the photos?

As regards voltage drop - I think it doesn't matter with LEDs - they need certain amount of voltage/'juice' to work properly, but as long as they have that, they are always at their max brightness ... I could be wrong though.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean, in real life there is more blue tint than we see in the photos?

As regards voltage drop - I think it doesn't matter with LEDs - they need certain amount of voltage/'juice' to work properly, but as long as they have that, they are always at their max brightness ... I could be wrong though.

Yes just slightly. Not like my gauge lights but there is some slight blue hue to them. I will say this though, not enough to bother me. Not like the HID blues you see sometimes.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sir. There are 4 that are 194s and the buttons (a/c, recirc air) believe they’re T5 or 74s

These are what I used for those buttons