Auto Parts Store Messups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Figured this could be an interesting thread, post photos of parts you bought for your truck but were way off.

This was the throwout bearing on a clutch kit from O'Rilleys, tried it and the bearing would not work no matter how you tried to make it fit:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Unfortunately not everyone at the parts house knows how to read catalogs or use the database (some of them may not read that well period! ). I'm very lucky that I have a good parts person at my local that knows what she's doing (doesn't hurt that she's a third generation mechanic either).

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately not everyone at the parts house knows how to read catalogs or use the database (some of them may not read that well period! ). I'm very lucky that I have a good parts person at my local that knows what she's doing (doesn't hurt that she's a third generation mechanic either).
There are some people at the parts store that don't know anything except what the computer tells them and I have no problem with that. If they were ace mechanics they probably wouldn't be working at the parts store. The young people that work there haven't been around long enough to know a lot so I give them a lot of slack. Giving them a hard time doesn't help me or them. Nobody was born knowing anything about vehicles so I have all the patience in the world with them.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes you're right! Back in the day, all the old time parts people messed with their own cars or did work on the side. I grew up around those kind of people and so I forget sometimes....I'm probably a bit pickier than most folks too.....