Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally!!! The tray is complete. Only a few small jobs to go and I'll be satisfied. 1. Window tint 2. Get sagging door fixed and 3. Fix A/C (which by the way had only just been fixed) Must be leaking as it cycles on and off very quickly and won't get cold.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
there doesn't seem to be a lot of responses to your thread but there is a lot of interest. i like what you're doing. it looks good.
trans level should only be checked while engine is running. cold or warm is marked on the dipstick.
i've tried tinting myself but it caught a lot of dust and looked real bad. i left it on though. i was young.
can you take a pic of the engine, top of intake, to get an idea of what engine you have?

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Deejaaa, the photo attached was taken when I bought the truck. I haven't changed too much, but removed a lot of wiring. Also changed the alternator as the 190a 14v one died.

As for the tray... not ideal for some tasks, but it only does light work. If I were to do that again I would just use steel. Still haven't finished the other small jobs from my last post but many businesses are shut down over this period.

Oh, and the PMD is still in the original location. The PO rebuilt the injector pump, probably due to the PMD, but I'm not complaining. I removed the cover but will buy a relocation kit soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
THought it's time for an update... I removed the turbo silencer tube, I thought it was there to stop the whistle, but I actually noticed that it stopped the blow off sound when throttle is removed suddenly. I removed the intake system as the filter was hanging on with zip ties, the crankcase ventilation tube now goes straight into a 4" silicone pipe and put a pod filter at the other end.

The pod filter is temporary as I aim to run a pipe out the side fender (think NASCAR Brake Duct) then use an in-line filter. If this is dangerously incorrect please let me know. Shy of having a shopping bag fly in, it should be pretty good and cold.

The AC is fixed but not very cold. The guy said the pipes were icing over and its cold, but maybe the engine heat is overcoming it - is there any way to make it cooler, like insulating the pipe?

And looking for a comment on the flowmaster crossover and dump pipe. I can get them both for a reasonable price with delivery. Do they make much difference?

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
a lot of people use draft tubes for the CDR. i don't because i don't want uncontrolled oil deteriorating rubber suspension parts.
i use a straight pipe and it's not very loud. the turbo quietens it down a lot. towards the end of the video you can hear it.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

you've brought her along quite well man, good on you.

i "met" a friend of mine from "Oz" on a Harley shovelhead forum, over 5 years ago, it's fun watching progress over the interweb...another friend of mine built his engine for him, in Canada and shipped it....a world-wide effort!

the front of your truck looks great, i love the old headlights. i'm redoing my lighting as we speak on another thread....what did you do with your old headlights? if you're looking to sell them i'd be interested in talking to you about it.