Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was pulling on the parking brake handle and bang, it broke through the fibreglass dash. I'm not a big fan of these types of brakes. I see our Holden Suburban has a normal handbrake mounted on the trans tunnel, so looking to swap over. Has anyone gone to that style?

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Rick, there was a small metal ring behind the fibreglass but it's always been loose an now finally let go. The super stiff brake to release didn't help.

I like the idea of going to a handbrake lever like the suburban, but come out if you like I'll send you the address. I think theres some parts I put aside for you anyway.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay I'm sold against that idea then, just thought it would be easier - but may also clash with the shift lever later anyway.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The easiest way is to put it on the hoist and we loosen the inner guard to access the rollers. together it should not take long.
BTW, a mate wants to know how much for your 4L80E/ when you've done the swap.