Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
By pedal I mean the clutch pedal. I think the 4" exhaust may get in the way of the clutch master cylinder, so I'll look at ways to make it all work.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If all goes to plan I will have a NV4500 very soon, to replace the 4L80e. The swap is going to be epic considering it's a RHD and all the parts I may need will be imported from the States. The seller is including the flywheel and bellhousing, but it's from a petrol not diesel - so I'm going to guess the flywheel won't match. Would I be right in assuming I need a diesel flywheel and clutch to suit my engine? I'll tackle the pedal and ECU later too

Yeah it looks like you will need a diesel flywheel.... See this link about 8 or so responses,.
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/archive/index.php/t-27827.html

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now the tricky part;
Finding a 2wd tailhousing
A manual ECM or reprogram mine
A master cylinder (probably modified as I have no room on the firewall)
Buy flywheel and clutch pack
Somehow work out a clutch pedal and sort cruise control wiring

Anyway, great to have it and looking forward to the conversion. Anyone with experience in swapping I'd love any info so please contact me.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've messaged a few companies that do the ECM tunes to see if they can just do a reprogram to run the manual and delete the auto, but if anyone has any experience in this it would be much appreciated.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'd be lucky to get this done by the end of the year! I seem to have found a mob that I can get most of the parts from which is good, and have been in contact with some companies who will do a reflash of the ECM. I'm still confused by the wiring of cruise control, speed sensor etc, but I'll keep doing my research.