Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i’m running full line pressure. that’s the reason i’m getting it changed today. 4th gear is slipping and the temps get too high on the open road. went with a TCI EZTCU this time.

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Deejaaa, I see your signature has 4l80 manual shift - what did you go with? I've seen some manual mods but they run full line pressure. I was hoping to get one )if I can't get a manual gearbox easy) that I can use manually but keep the nice soft gear changes.
...you can wire up the 0411 ecm to control the trans only.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Probably a little (16 ish months haha) but Trucks looking good! Just thought I'd throw this out there, since your truck was originally an ambulance it might be a cab and chassis model and they have different chassis compared to the normal pickup chassis. Page 88 and 91 for reference on the rear chassis width for the tow bar. On the following link.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/gmt400-vehicle-dimensions.13725/

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There may be some differences but it seems it went on fine for width, just the bolt holes weren't lining up too well along the rails. I still haven't used it yet, I need to wire it in.

There's always something up with the truck...the latest is the blower died on me the other day. It wont blow on any setting and fuses looked good. I have a spare resistor so I'll try that first.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If all goes to plan I will have a NV4500 very soon, to replace the 4L80e. The swap is going to be epic considering it's a RHD and all the parts I may need will be imported from the States. The seller is including the flywheel and bellhousing, but it's from a petrol not diesel - so I'm going to guess the flywheel won't match. Would I be right in assuming I need a diesel flywheel and clutch to suit my engine? I'll tackle the pedal and ECU later too