Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah there is a grab handle both sides on mine. I'm working on the video as I should have the exhaust finished tomorrow. Just need to clean up the welds and paint with some zinc. It finishes before the diff so it's only short and I have a feeling it will still be too loud. If so I'll look at getting a muffler as I couldn't even hear the stereo before.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exhaust is finally finished - it's mad! I would have got a video only I spent forever trying to bleed the brakes. One of the lines split and it ran the master cylinder dry, now I can't seem to bleed it like I normally would with pressing the pedal and cracking the valve. I'm thinking the master has air or even worse...the ABS unit has air in it. Leaks out of the power steering when I pump the brake and has me baffled.

Anyway, I'll try for a video tomorrow!

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep its pretty loud and whistles at any rpm. I'm loving the HX40 and I haven't noticed any lag at all. I drive like a granny though.

I might look into a muffler if it gets annoying, but most of my driving is around town and only gets used a few times a month.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the waste-gate actuator arm broke as I had to remove almost all of it to fit next to the brake lines. A weird rattle noise which got worse and then so bad I thought I'd better go home. I was only around the corner, lucky.

Ended up bolting the waste-gate shut. Seems to get to about 12psi max, so I'm not too worried about over boosting. Terrick down Under also installed the tow bar hitch I had laying around for over 12 months - so glad to have it finally fitted, thanks mate.

Tomorrow i'm dropping the trans pan and swapping out the solenoids and changing the harness - well at least I'm going to try as it's a bit out of my league.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that was painful - the solenoids are swapped out and after threading two torx screws and angle grinding one just to get it out, I'm done... for today.

The problem is that its shifting really late and harshly. It's holding gears and I think its just that it's low on fluid, but hopefully thats all. There was only one plug that connects to a ********* solenoid and that seemed like it could have gone on either polarity.

I've tried looking at the fluid level using the dip stick but it's getting too dark out so I'll have to try again tomorrow. I'm really hoping I don't have to take it all apart again!!!