Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The photos will have to wait - it looks pretty untidy at the moment. Trying to source another adapter for the oil feed is becoming tricky. The turbo is a M12x1.5 and the oil feed line is something new and braided...I'm thinking its 4AN size but no way of measuring unless I take it to a shop - which will have to wait until next week.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Rick. We got it fitted and now it's running. My mate said it seems to run lean but there's no fuel screw on these so not sure if I can get a re-flash done here in Aus. I'm not sure a #9 resistor will provide much improvement either.

I'll have to weigh up the options

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So almost all done. Drove it home and runs okay - maybe a little lean it runs cool at 250-260 degrees on the highway at around 3psi but gets to 15 if pushed.

The pipe ends just under the firewall but I've got more pipe to make up, it's far to loud and too much vibration for everyday driving.

We made a heat shield but found the steering column was hitting it so had to trim it a little, as was the case with the inner fender to make room for the downpipe and reservoir tank

You must be registered for see images attach

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll get some better photos soon of how it looks finished. Those hoses were just sitting there and have been moved to where the tank is now. Managed to swap out the headlights for LEDs but haven't tried them yet.

Changed out the diff oil too - but it didn't look or smell too bad, I think someone had replaced it not too long ago.

For those who are curious, yes you can fit a 4" pipe even without squashing, but we're talking only millimetres to spare.

Ohh... so what you really want to know is how does it go...

It doesn't seem much faster but I think it's not putting that much fuel in. The whistle is far louder and always present and overall I'm wrapped so far, especially for the cheap cost.

Time will tell how it goes. The exhaust needs to be finished off soon, its too short, too loud and vibrates occasionally with the heat shield under the floor.