Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
how long did it take the firestone to fill? how much time do you get from the 3 gallon tank?

The Firestone was a 9284 - it's been a long time since I ran it, I want to say it took a minute or two for it to fill the tank from completely empty.
On 3 gallons with 3 horns I can get about 5 seconds of full blast time before it begins to fade. I plan on adding a larger tank soon.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheers D, theres a great post on that site about the most common reasons a 4L80e wont go into overdrive, so I'll use that for troubleshooting. Cheers.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Small project today, 15 minute job but need some gap foam or glue to finish. Tired of having no cup holder for my coffee and had this cup holder from a wreck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm hopefully buying this turbo on Sunday. It's a Holset HX40W and genuine Holset not a Chinese copy apparently. Does anyone know much about the differences in blades, housings etc?

This also has the hose connection on the left of the build plate but many are on the right or somewhere else. It's a T3 from what I can tell, but other than that I'm not learned.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i have an aftermarket turbo on mine, an A Team Turbo, and it can be clocked. by the way, don't mention that turbo name, aka ATT, on that diesel site: you will get flamed.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I worked out through plenty of forum hunting that this is a genuine Holset HX40 with a 4" inlet and 4" outlet on a 16cm2 housing - 7 blades at the front and 12 at the exhaust. It's also a T3 fitting which is handy, but had to buy an adapter for the oil feed line.

I'm told the oil drain is not too hard but I'll figure that out on install. Having a friend help me fit it once the 4" mandrel bend pipe and v band arrive. Can't wait.

I'm hoping there's no re-map required or anything of that sort as getting that done over here would be near impossible I would think.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheers D. I had a read too but a lot of petty arguments with not much info but I'll keep looking. Here is the 4" pipe on the turbo, its huge!!

Actually the major issue I will have is how to feed it down behind the turbo, there's a right hand conversion in the way. The overflow bottle I think I can move but will still take a lot of moving about and might not even work.

Last edited: