Aussie GMC C3500

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by Clinton, May 20, 2016.

1. Terrick down Under

Terrick down Under OBS Enthusiast

Hey, if you get time while in LA, check out
    Petersons Auto Museum.
    6060 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036

petersen.org

(323) 930-2277

Open now: 10AM–6PM

skylark likes this.
  2. skylark

skylark I'm Awesome

I figured that would be the case. Perhaps next time.

3. Clinton

Clinton OBS Enthusiast

Yeah I went to that museum last time and loved it. Not sure I'll get there again this time but I'll try. Apparently there's a car show on in Seattle about the time I'm there in late June so I'll try for that. Oh, and by the way my wife has approved dual stack exhausts for the truck when we get back, oh yeah!!

deejaaa likes this.
  4. Terrick down Under

I hear the sound track from Convoy in my head.
    Ask around for other guys that have done the same.

5. Clinton

Clinton OBS Enthusiast

Hi all, I'm back. Was a fun time away in the States and would have been great to stay longer, or buy a truck! Some good choice over there for cheap...very jealous.

Anyhow. For those interested, we flew into LA and spend 2 weeks there with family. Then flew to Portland (aka zombieland) for 3 days. I say zombie because of all the homeless that are off their faces.

Then we bus'd it to Seattle for 3 days and got to watch a Mariners' game. Then we hired a car and drove (on the wrong side of the road) across Washington, Idaho and much of Montana. Finished up crossing the Going To The Sun road through Glacier National Park and then flew back into LA, then back home.

Highlights of the trip: Baseball game (best entertainment award), California Pizza Kitchen (Sicilian Pizza - Best food award), a beaver keyring thats also a bottle opener (best gift award), driving through Montana (best roadtrip award), Coeur D'Alene in Idaho (best town award). Honourable mentions to Oregon pine forests, Nordstrom Rack and Uber for their support.

Now it's back to reality and time to organise some stack exhausts! Keep you posted...

cool_as_crap and deejaaa like this.
  6. Clinton

Clinton OBS Enthusiast

I might make a post in the engine trouble forum somewhere... but had to get it towed home today.
    I have a feeling it ran out of diesel while it was in for a wheel alignment and then trying to start it must have sucked in air.

It starts up fine, revs to about 4k then dies. Heaps of white smoke!!!
    Checked the fuel tap and it flows when turning over - and actually idles now, but chugs chugs chugs very slowly, with plumes of white smoke.

The fact that it idles has me thinking its not the lift pump, not the fuel shut off solenoid and probably not the injector pump as everything was working fine earlier in the day. It was low on fuel though. My thoughts are just air in the injector lines but could be something worse. No codes came up.

Has anyone had any issues like this?

7. Terrick down Under

Hey, sorry to say that i know "bugger all" about deisel motors. My suggestion would be to ring Queanbeyan Deisel Service and tell them that i sent you. They are NOT cheap, but they do really good work.

8. Clinton

Clinton OBS Enthusiast

Thanks Terrick. I'm sure it's something simple (and hoping). A friend might come over on Friday to have a look - he's good with that sort of thing.

9. Terrick down Under

10. deejaaa

deejaaa I'm Not Awesome