Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi skylark, I'd like to drop in but unfortunately we are flying into Portland not driving up. We might drive from Seattle to Montana if I can work out how to drive on the other side. Would have been good to say hello and meet people. Maybe for our 48 state road trip in a few years time :)
I figured that would be the case. Perhaps next time.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I went to that museum last time and loved it. Not sure I'll get there again this time but I'll try. Apparently there's a car show on in Seattle about the time I'm there in late June so I'll try for that. Oh, and by the way my wife has approved dual stack exhausts for the truck when we get back, oh yeah!!

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm back. Was a fun time away in the States and would have been great to stay longer, or buy a truck! Some good choice over there for cheap...very jealous.

Anyhow. For those interested, we flew into LA and spend 2 weeks there with family. Then flew to Portland (aka zombieland) for 3 days. I say zombie because of all the homeless that are off their faces.

Then we bus'd it to Seattle for 3 days and got to watch a Mariners' game. Then we hired a car and drove (on the wrong side of the road) across Washington, Idaho and much of Montana. Finished up crossing the Going To The Sun road through Glacier National Park and then flew back into LA, then back home.

Highlights of the trip: Baseball game (best entertainment award), California Pizza Kitchen (Sicilian Pizza - Best food award), a beaver keyring thats also a bottle opener (best gift award), driving through Montana (best roadtrip award), Coeur D'Alene in Idaho (best town award). Honourable mentions to Oregon pine forests, Nordstrom Rack and Uber for their support.

Now it's back to reality and time to organise some stack exhausts! Keep you posted...

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might make a post in the engine trouble forum somewhere... but had to get it towed home today.
I have a feeling it ran out of diesel while it was in for a wheel alignment and then trying to start it must have sucked in air.

It starts up fine, revs to about 4k then dies. Heaps of white smoke!!!
Checked the fuel tap and it flows when turning over - and actually idles now, but chugs chugs chugs very slowly, with plumes of white smoke.

The fact that it idles has me thinking its not the lift pump, not the fuel shut off solenoid and probably not the injector pump as everything was working fine earlier in the day. It was low on fuel though. My thoughts are just air in the injector lines but could be something worse. No codes came up.

Has anyone had any issues like this?

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Terrick. I'm sure it's something simple (and hoping). A friend might come over on Friday to have a look - he's good with that sort of thing.