aussie built bagged and bd'd obs on billets!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan350

Reaction score
hi all sorry for the lack of updates but progress has been super slow!!! to start with i have new notch plates on now (same design) just with a bit more clearance, when i first measured it up i measured it with 265/35/22 tires and not 286/35/22 tires so it was hit and miss if it would lay out so i did not take the risk! new side plates are now on and just waiting for my upper/lower straps to be rolled then i can weld the notch in fully. Lower four link arms have been designed and im awaiting approval from my engineer to start building them, there a laser cut and look pretty good in my opinion! Up front motorwise it will now be a 700hp lsx motor as i want to run this down the strip! since so much hp is getting thrown at it i have decided to have a professional chassis builder set up and fit my four link and watts link as i need it fully adjustable on the on the four link tabs so it can be set up to suit the strip and everyday driving, will also have coil over mounts in the rear for drag racing. Hoping to have that all finished up in the next 2 months (including tube work in the rear ect...) once that is done i can then take it to my panel beater with all the panels on the chassis so he can check the lines ect... then strip the panels and cab off so he can do a flat firewall and all the panel beating while i finish the chassis work. The ruck was meant to be finished by the end of the year but i have decided to raise the bar a bit with it and aim to have to try to get a top 50 place (for best car in australia) at our biggest car show summernats. Budget is now pretty much non exsistant now but i really want this truck to be a show stopper and hopefully the best built chev truck down under! Hopefully it will be good enough to get a feature in a magazine down here also. So yeah don't worry this truck will get finished it will just take a bit longer now as i cant afford to throw 100k into it in one hit lol! will post some pictures once i have some decent updates, cheers ryan

ryan350

Reaction score
thanks guys really appreciate the kind words! should have mentioned it will be a plain metallic blue paint (lexus/toyota colour) with a silver chassis and a mix of the blue and silver on suspension and brake parts ect... Appearance wise it will look like your typical shaved up chev truck but attention to detail is the key to this build being in the elite showcar catogory that im aiming for the truck to be in. Will be running all stainless steel brake/fuel lines with billet retaining clips. Also i have now decided to scrap the brandnew 9" housing i had built not long ago and will be going with a full sheetmetal fabricated 9" housing. Only part of the first diff i will be using is the full floater hubs.

PROBLEM2420 honestly mate you do not want to convert one of these to rhd trust me!!! body dropping the cab has been more involved than if it was still lhd due to having to make a new gas pedal mount, new more compact aftermarket heater/ac box needed as when convereted to rhd with the body the factory one will not fit in now. Also another big issue for me is now that im running the big hp engine i need a large diameter set of primaries for the headders i am getting built to suit the engine. From factory the engines sit closer to the rhs of the truck which i think the only reason it can be for is steering column clearance when it's lhd. With stock headders mine would be fine but that will not be a option with this motor. As the dummy ls1 engine i have sitting in there now there is no way performance headders will fit on the rhs. If they do i will not be able to put my steering column in as there is no room because of the headders, so now i will be moving the engine about 2" closer to the lhs which will give me enough clearance. So i am now going to have to build custom engine mounts and also may have to make the trans tunnel a bit wider so the transmission does not hit the floor! If i could leave it lhd i would have but our laws are so strict with that sort of stuff!

Also does anyone know where i can get a billet steering column that fit's straight in our model trucks with all the factory wiring plugs and indicator/ trans shifter already assembled or is it going to be a custom one i need? cheers ryan

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also does anyone know where i can get a billet steering column that fit's straight in our model trucks with all the factory wiring plugs and indicator/ trans shifter already assembled or is it going to be a custom one i need? cheers ryan

http://www.billetspecialties.com/item.asp?cid=8&scid=205&pid=423&rdir=1
Billet Specialties steering columns feature GM wiring, 5 position tilt, emergency flasher & directionals. Columns include billet tilt lever, flasher knob, turn signal lever, and single lead horn wire.