aussie built bagged and bd'd obs on billets!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

super7

Reaction score
Very nice work indeed. Going to keep an eye on this. Any chance that besides your chevy love you have a rotary love too.

ryan350

Reaction score
thanks super7 appreciate the kind words! always a good thing getting positive feedback! To be honest i have no real love for the rotary dude, V8's are what get's me going and excited lol! on a side note, i should be starting to get my diff built next week and have scraped the early tpi corvette engine idea and am now putting a ls1 in the truck! have a dummy ls1 engine to go in it for now and also am picking up a 4l80e transmission next week and then i can sit the motor and box in the chassis and work out where the new transmission crossmember has to be. Am aiming for about 400hp at the wheels and will set the the rear end up so that i can put coil overs in the rear when i take it to the drags! A turbo is not out of the question either after the truck has been completed!!

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will also not regret LS power and tuning!

ryan350

Reaction score
cheers howard, i actually spoke to the bloke who builds my transmissions the other day and he said straight away to go the 80! the 4l60e was never a option in the end as like you said there not as strong as the 4l80e's. One of my mates oldmans owns a transmission repair/building shop in ballarat and he happens to have one sitting in his shop that he will sell to me so im stoked as i thought it was going to be alot harder to get one!! will get it rebuilt with some extra goodies inside and with the cam i will be running in the ls1 a 3000rpm stall converter will go nicely with it! also should be running 4.11's or 4.3 diff gears in the rear so she should get up and boogie! hoping to run a 12 or high 11 second pass on the 1/4 mile, never really wanted this thing to go fast but i now have the itch lol!

ryan350

Reaction score
yep your 100 percent right mike! cant wait to slot it in!! one of my good friends know's the ls1 engine like the back of his hand so that will help a great deal!

ryan350

Reaction score
ok so an update for those that are not friends with me on facebook, today i took the truck to my engineer and am happy to say it was a very good meeting with him, all work currently done ie body drop, boxed chassis, front frame horns lowered and how the front airbags mount and mods to the control arms he is very happy with and there is rework that he wants done apart from a couple of plates added in the 4 corners of the cab which where speaker holes, and he has also given approval to do the other mods i wanted to do with 355mm brakes on the front and other chassis and control arm mods to get the front laying with everything bolted up, in my eyes it's a real good win for me and my mate that has done the bodydrop ect... anyways here are some photos of the car in rolling form , stayed tuned for updates as they should be coming along quiet well over the next month or so!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach