Attn: Guys running Treadwrights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Retreads, as with any tires, require attention to tire pressures to make sure they are run within acceptable temperatures. As long as they are properly maintained I see no problem with running retreads. Most age related failures are negated because the tires are re-molded. I plan on buying a set as soon as my Goodyears wear down.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember seeing on the net new tires blowing the treads off, said they were old made tires but were sitting around forever kinda like NOS I guess.

So if new ones can do it retreads can and maybe easier.

They've had retreads around forever but haven't you ever saw a tread laying on the highway from a big rig? I know I've seen plenty. My mom's bf followed a car that got hit by a semi tread blowing off one of his trailer tires. he was trying to get them to pass the rig and they would not so he slowed up in case something happened to the semi and sure enough, bam tread flys off, hits the vehicle next to it, turns that car/truck into a complete donut and slammed into the gaurd rail, my mom's bf had enough time to stop and go around to call for help. The 18 wheeler never knew it happened I guess.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well im not gonna continue to argue with u guys, not worth my time.

u can get pissed all you want,these are just our opinions
if u wana run the tires run em,were not gona sign a petition to get u banned cuz u run retreads
hell im running 1/4 treads on my truck rite now
dont get mad over this

cdiggity

Reaction score
i work on a air base in indiana and the maintenance shop is ordering all retreads for the trucks out here they seem pretty good. the retreads arent bad its the recaps you gotta watch for.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think this is like wheel spacers. I dont feel comfortable running them myself, but there are hoards of people who have run them without any issues for years.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2 it's exactly like wheel spacers for me too. but recaps and retreads? same thing I think.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Now roughly 8000k miles later we decide to rotate those tires, now those tires must deal with the forces of cornerings which is more across the tread then down it.

You rotate your tires every 8,000,000 miles? I usually do it every 8,000 :lol: jk man.

But how do you think regular tires are made? The same way, the only thing is that retreads are made with gently used sidewalls, they "retread" sidewalls of previously used tires. That's why they are cheap, it's like buying a guitar or anything painted, that has a blemish in it. Some people like only the best, some people don't care about cosmetic flaws and will buy something because they need it, or they prefer not to spend a lot of money on some things that are virtually unnoticeable. I know I will always go to surplus stores for my Carhartt jackets, I don't give a rip if there is a small overlap of thread in the lining of my jacket, hell it's $30 dollars cheaper, and does the same job.

lt1bbody

Reaction score
I've had mine for only a short time but I've researched the company for months before purchasing. I've read only one thing bad on them. Someone used them for towing heavy loads and had a tire blow. Not sure if it was a fault in the tire or maybe overloading the capacity of the tire itself. Tire pressure and capacity are a big factor in towing. Other than that I've read nothing bad. Many people are running them on there daily drivers. I myself drive them daily and like them. I drive them about 40% highway 60% city. I am still cautious so I check my tire pressure often and physically check the tires weekly. So far they are still looking good and holding steady pressure.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with what my dad had said about them, a daily driver around town, not on the highway alot and not hauling huge loads, yes, now something to travel alot of highway miles at high speeds, NO, hauling heavy loads or trailers all the time, NO.