Attn: Guys running Treadwrights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Lately I've seen many of y'all mentioning TreadWright tires, so I finally looked into them to find out they're retreads. Do y'all trust the retreads? How many miles are y'all seeing off of them?

Personally I have a hard time trusting them, IMO there's somethings you can skimp on and then there's other that you shouldn't like tires and brakes. I've run retreads on tractors and other farm equipment but nothing that would be going down the highway.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i personally dont at all
but some ppl. say if they can save money then they go for it
ive heard and seen to many bad stories bout retreads

no offense to u guys that are running them or are getting them
if uve never had a problem out of em or dont think u will,,ok

just puttin in my 2 cents,,if im gona buy tires i tend to spend the extra cash and get a quality tire

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x3 I am too scared to try them. To the naked eye from what I've seen they look like reg. tires but I'm scared they would come apart. if somebody didn't tell me they were retreads and I bought them, I'd give them a chance and see. I'm just too afraid to willing buy them and try them. My old man was a service manager for years and done everything from mine buggies to the big yuke trucks you see them haul coal and stuff in, the huge dumptrucks basically, and he said they did not allow you to run them on the steer tire/axle. I've heard others say they don't even want you to run them on the drive wheels, and that scares me. Those you can tell because the sidewall where the tread meets it is all funky looking.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont care, i been doing alot of research since april about these tires from this company and havent found a bad review. i dont make alot of money, actually been out of work and my truck really needs tires and i rather not trust someone with used stuff off of craigslist, but i trust this companies warranty and they had excellent customer service. I never skimp when i buy parts for my truck, but i had a very certain budget and it fit it, so i just need to do my lower bj's til i can put them on. why chew up a new tire

i also have a few people i know around me running them with no issues on DD's. So i figure why not.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
me either if they work for you or anyone else good.

but I'm just too scared to try them.

I hate to say it but unless they are lucky, if they had something seriously bad to say about them, they may not be around to say it.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well im sure if they werent safe this place wouldnt be making them and selling them. i know someone who \has had them for over 2 years, 10k a year mileage, no issues at all. but it is what it is, i thought id post pics of em to share em

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
theres always unexpected faults

six flags never had a problem til one of there rides cut someones legs off a few years ago
wendys had no problems til someone found a finger in there chili
firestone never had a problem til the strike
chevy never had a problem til they went bankrupt

its a risk just like anything else

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
There's just too many forces at play at the tire for my comfort, even at the rear wheels. Think of a top fuel dragster, I know were only talking about a couple hundred horse in our situation but the principles still apply, without a beadlock the wheel would simply slip inside the tire of the car, that same force is applied on all wheeled vehicles but in much smaller increments but its done many more times a day. Now roughly 8000k miles later we decide to rotate those tires, now those tires must deal with the forces of cornerings which is more across the tread then down it. This process repeats itself till they reach 40k miles and you've done it without incident congrats. On semi's retreads are only legally allowed on trailers and 9/10's those giant hunks of rubber are retreads off the trailer. If you run them and feel confident doing so while saving yourself a couple bucks more power to you but I've busted my ass in the past to buy new and even used tires for my vehicles and I'll do it all over again in a heart beat. Have retreads like everything else gotten better over the last 10 years, yeah without a doubt, but unless all 4 tires blow at once, tires are not an expense that sneaks up on you over night. While they're countless positive reviews on the internet and I'm a guy that usually will try a product after I hear/see enough evidence to prove that it works but this is just one thing that I'm not exactly sold on and I doubt I ever will be.

Edit: Damn that ended up being a little longer than I expected, eCookie to anyone that reads the novel

Last edited: