Assassin Traction Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My truck is in some dire need of traction bars. Wheel hop and tire spin are terrible. I was PerformanceTrucks.net and a lot of the guys there talk about Assassin bars.

http://smithracecraft.com/index.php...category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Does anybody have any experience with them on here? What about CalTracs? Any other custom made/traction helpers that you have used?

For reference, my truck has a 14bolt SF 9.5" rear with new half ton leafs and a flip kit. Pinion angle is good and I am using McGaughy's lowering shocks in the rear with shock extenders.

Thanks!

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i ran caltracks on a lowered leaf truck before. they helped improve my 60. those bars look cool. wish i saw them before i picked up a set of slappers.

buy 'em and let us know! lol

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
I don't have any personal experience with these but out of all of the traction devices I've researched, I like these the best. I think the part that has me convinced over the others is that you don't have to mess with the front leaf spring bushing, seems like it'd be much easier to install and the geometry works.

Any update on this; got a set installed?

Speaking of the rear shocks, I just did a shock relocation on my truck between the leaf springs and frame rails so they're much further outboard and they're also much more vertical. You can see it here: http://www.gmt400.com/threads/arden...notch-and-shock-relocation.40354/#post-988492

Made a HUGE difference: back feels solid, more initial bite, and less body roll in the turns.