*Anyone Built Their Own Axles/Diffs?*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
As the title states, I'm wondering if anyone on here has just done everything themselves as opposed to hunting down a used 14 bolt (etc.) and whatnot.

It's something I'd be perfectly capable of doing, I just don't know where I'd start. The main reason being that I just re-geared my 10 bolt front and rear last year and don't want to get a used 14b and start all over again. Might as well start from scratch with everything new as far as I'm concerned.

Basically any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much money are you looking to burn is the question... the jigs required are not cheap....

Cheaper to regear and gusset a 14b full float and call it a day..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
How much money are you looking to burn is the question... the jigs required are not cheap....

Cheaper to regear and gusset a 14b full float and call it a day..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Good question, and one I forgot to mention. You pretty much summed it up in the second sentence though. Rebuilding a 14b throughout may just be the way to go.

It was just something that came across my mind at work today. I'm sure I wouldn't be looking to spend what it would end up costing to truly build new axles front and rear.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S