Anybody running remote starts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Is there anybody running remote starts on there trucks? What brands do you all recommend? I always hate running outside in the morning to start it.

Eric1998

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I went with this one, no complaints so far....

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed one on my wife's Jeep 10 years ago. I can't remember the brand but it still works. I thought about putting one on my truck but then decided to man up. Been driving for 47 years without one I guess I can go a few more.

Brian9o12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 96 Ecsb chevy and I I nstalled a crime stoppers 2 way remote start/keyless entry system and I love it. During the winter I leave my heat on full blast and start it 10 minutes before I leave he house. For 100$ I would reccomend it to anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
I have a 96 Ecsb chevy and I I nstalled a crime stoppers 2 way remote start/keyless entry system and I love it. During the winter I leave my heat on full blast and start it 10 minutes before I leave he house. For 100$ I would reccomend it to anyone

What is the range that you get with this one?

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
It claims like 3000 feet. But I can turn it on from in my house or across a parking lot ect.. but I'm very satisfied with it.

I'll look into this one. Did you install yourself? I will and am just wondering all that has to be hooked up.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run some cheap CrimeStopper units in both of my trucks, they've been just fine for years. Had the shop wire them up so that the alarm portion of the system was 100% disabled, though. I like being able to unlock my trucks with the key without setting the alarm off. Only took one time running out of batteries in the key fob before I took them back for that change...

meterman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Compstar with drone I can start it anywhere from I phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brian9o12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll look into this one. Did you install yourself? I will and am just wondering all that has to be hooked up.
Installed myself. Buy good connectors and take your time. It comes with a wiring diagram and you can find one online for there trucks.