Any recommendations in the Midwest to tune stock 96 PCM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SShockwave

Reaction score
Hey guys, just put a brand new L31 in my 96 Z71 and at the same time put an offroad y-pipe on it. I'd like to get my stock PCM reprogrammed to delete the cats and EGR but nobody in town has the software anymore to tune this style PCM, they all have HPTuners which only messes with the LS engine computers.

Any recommendations for anyone in the midwest with a solid reputation and quick TAT? I can't have this truck down for more than a few days. thanks!

Here's the truck in question....

You must be registered for see images

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd just get a mail order tune from Black Bear Performance if I were you. They send you the tuned PCM before you need to send yours in, so you have zero down time. Just unhook your battery, swap PCMs, and send them your old one. (Or pay an extra $50 and keep your factory PCM as a spare, which is what I did.)

They're in Illinois, but they can't tune these 96-97 PCMs in person anyway so you're not missing anything by going the mail order route.