Any Need For A Replacement Center Console Latch? (OBS 95-99)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderZ06

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new to GMT400 but have been a long time member on Fullsizechevy.com and GMfullsize.com (CamaroGuy87132)

I saw that there was a slight need for Center Console Latches for OBS Trucks. I've had at least 40 of these trucks, mostly bought them to fix them up and sell them. Almost every single one that I have bought has had a missing or broken center console latch. I decided that there was a need for them and wanted to make them more durable than factory. I had them made of a thicker plastic but still able to retain the same shape and size so the fitment would be correct.

I've seen used ones going for $20+ on eBay and wanted to make this upgraded latch more affordable for people so they are priced at $14.95 free shipping.

If you have any questions about them either message me on here or on eBay.

Below is the link for the eBay listing where you can check out the item and purchase if you are interested.

Thank you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement...ash=item5b1e2e93b2:g:SA8AAOSw5IJWey6l&vxp=mtr

MurderZ06

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome guys! I look forward to hearing some feedback on these from those who purchase them as well!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for this and welcome! I'll definitely pick up a couple, both of mine are in good shape at the moment but I had to cannibalize two junkyard console lids to get them that way. :lol: It'll be nice to have some spares on hand.

MurderZ06

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to update this thread and thank you guys for the orders! We have sold over 30 of these so far and have not had 1 complaint. Everyone is very happy with them which makes me happy! I'm glad we could provide a product that can solve an issue for people at an affordable price.

Let me know if you guys need anything!

Thank you!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got my spare in the mail the other day as well. The only thing I noticed is that they have a much more glossy finish than the factory ones do. Not necessarily a bad thing, just different.

Great looking product though! Happy that if I break another one I won't have to rip another junkyard console apart.