Any 8 lug trucks running Ford wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetson105

Reaction score
When I got my truck it had a mis matched set of steel wheels. I quickly swapped them out for mid 2000's style 5 spoke steel wheels and didn't think about them again. But the new ones are only 6.5" wide and look like they are tucked way in under the fenders on a narrow track. And I guess it doesn't help I'm only running 245s.

Fast forward to this spring when it's time for new tires and I start looking at the mis matched set. I didn't realize only 3 are Chevy. The other 2 are Ford. The Fords are 7" wide and have about an inch more "front spacing" (stick further out into the fenders) and have more of a deep dish look. I'm told they are lug centric so the bigger center bore doesn't matter. Maybe powder coated gunmetal grey with the chrome center caps I have would be an ok looking inexpensive setup? Only negative is they're 34lbs each! Lots of rotating mass to start and stop.

Just wondering if anyone else runs the Ford steel 8 lug wheels?

First pic is the drivers side with the current wheels, can hardly see them. Others are the Ford wheels test fit on the passenger side with the old tires (not even cleaned up - just in grey primer as they came).
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jetson105

Reaction score
Another of the current wheels. They're not as bad as the first pic makes it look, but it's enough to make me look at other options.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i just picked up a set of 99 Ford steel rims with tires last night but not sure if they will fit my truck or not. when i get home i plan to fit them so i will take a pic and see if it looks what you want. i like options also, esp when they're cheap.

Reaction score
My '95 K2500 had 16" 8 lug wheels and someone had used Ford rims on it. The Ford rims center on the hub not on the lug nuts. The Chevy hubs are a bit smaller than the Ford which meant there was no good way to center the wheels accurately. I finally found a proper set of 8 lug Chevrolet wheels with center caps for $250.

deejaaa

Reaction score
i tried the Ford rims on mine and they didn't fit. different lug measurement. will get them put on my OEM's tomorrow, 2 at a time. don't think i have enough room to do them all at once.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Nearly all 8 lug rims were 8x6.5. Each manufacturer used a different center bore. Chevy 116.7, dodge 122.5 and Ford 124.9. Around 99-08 each manufacturer went to a different bolt pattern. As stated above the rims are hub centric not lug centric. There are various manufacturers who produce hub spacers. Of various materials and price. But they allow you to use ford or dodge wheels on Chevy hubs.

deejaaa

Reaction score
that jogs the memory. i always forget the details. if the adapters were 60.00 i would get them because that's how much it will cost to swap/mount/balance them to the other rims. thanks for the info.