Another clunk sound thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slothalyzer

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a 2000 OBS Crew Cab short bed with the 7.4. I have been getting a clunking sound for a while now but I dont think its the typical driveline clunk. It happens while im driving between about 10-30 mph and i hear it and feel it through the floor when I start to press on the brake pedal but it only does it occasionally not every time. I just did my front brakes and everything seemed fine and tight and I also have gotten underneath and there doesn't seem to be aly slop or play in the driveshaft. Do you guys have any ideas what it might be?

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
A little more detail on the clunk would be good. What end of the vehicle is it coming from. Is it the second the brake is depressed or once weight has a chance to shift. Or the change in speed. 2 or 4wd.

Could be anything from driveline clunk to worn bearings to worn motor/trans mounts.

What part of New Mexico are you from?